What's wrong with my Scorpion?

Frostyjuggler21

Arachnopeon
Hey all,

I've gotten concerned recently about the appearance and behaviour of my scorpion, I've had her for probably 2 years now and this is the first time she's had any problems.

She has these strange kinda marks on her skin like some kind of injury and she always hangs around her water bowl until it's empty.

She's also hasn't eaten anything in a long time now and I'm getting worried.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

20171204_191448.jpg

Mel92

Arachnopeon
Looks very dry. Use coco fibre, soil, peat or a mix together for substrate and keep damp but not soaking and about 5-6" for burrowing. Humidity needs to be high. Hope shes ok.

Frostyjuggler21

Arachnopeon
Looks very dry. Use coco fibre, soil, peat or a mix together for substrate and keep damp but not soaking and about 5-6" for burrowing. Humidity needs to be high. Hope shes ok.
Aw OK, I'll clean her tank out over the weekend and use soil or something instead. I actually did reduce humidity a bit because I thought I was a little crazy. Thank you very much!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Aw OK, I'll clean her tank out over the weekend and use soil or something instead. I actually did reduce humidity a bit because I thought I was a little crazy.
Honestly if you have been keeping it that way for 2 years I am surprised it is even still alive. It looks like it is on dry wood chips (dry and wood chips are two negatives for this species, and wood chips are not good for any species).

It needs a rehouse asap, hopefully it is not too late already to reverse the damage.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
I'd say the marks on your scorp are from it being to dry and it hanging out by the water bowl alot would confirm this . An immediate rehousing using eco earth , moss or potting soil would be ideal. As the others have said wood chips are not a good substrate for scorpions. Hope your scorp pulls through :)