whats in a centipede? (centi biology?)

juggernaut

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
1. i want to know what a centipede is made out of exactly so maybe i can get some clues as to what its nutritional needs are.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
juggernaut said:
1. i want to know what a centipede is made out of exactly...

barnacle shards, gumbo and unrefined uranium

seriously though...carbon

juggernaut

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
biology of a radioactive centipede?

:wall: :eek: but of course how could i be so utterly clueless
no i understand...centpedes are made of star materials barnacle shards and o yea unrefined URANIUM.:razz: how could i forget the fact that being around my spineless friend makes me phisically naucious wretching in pain an covered in blisters.:razz:

sweet

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
no realy, thay are. all life and every thing is made of star stuff.
dont u know who carle sagen*sp* is?

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
All the earth life are based in C composts. If your questin is what is the matherial that compose the tergites/sternites legs, head and fangs, is a protein-------> Quitin, like all the artrhopods.

Cheers
Carles

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Androctonus_bic said:
If your questin is what is the matherial that compose the tergites/sternites legs, head and fangs, is a protein-------> Quitin, like all the artrhopods.
Actually, it's chitin. Also, I don't know whether centipedes can or not, but spiders cannot digest chitin and use it for their own benefit, they synthesize it using other proteins. Centipedes might be able to digest it, based on the fact that they sometimes eat their own exuvia.

juggernaut

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
( cent bio ) what else what else

:drool: so were 100% sure its chitin-so chitin dosnt always have the waxy covering that helps retain water-centipedes lack this waxy coat. ( i think by nature there moister seeking secretive animals who love dark places. they must hve evolved without it because moisture retention isnt an issue in there choosen enviroments) Most simply its the same material in all insects and arachnids. i wounder how centi chitin is if at all different from those other types of chitin produceing/sythisizing animals. ( theve got different body parts to thin k of. in scorpians metal elments are found in the sting so i know that there has got to be different stuff in some of the larger scolos sharp parts tarsus/maxilla/spurs.

whats exuvia?

Last edited:

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Also, what their biology is comprised of has very little bearing on their day to day nutritional needs. I'm sure we share 90% of biological components in common with Koala bears, but eating primarily eucalyptus leaves would likely kill a human.

I'll help you with there nutritional needs: feed them appropriate amounts of crickets or roaches, and they'll be fine. :)

juggernaut

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
whats that mean " 90% of our biological makeup runs parallel with koalas but it doesnt mean we should eat eucalyptus "
oh ok and also if i take that into account (what were maid of has nothing to do with what we need to eat:eek: ) i can conclude centipedes must eat there own exuvia because it tastes good:razz: were not what we eat after all
thank u mr wizard:razz:

foreveryone else: my stone centis seem to have a taste for rotting fetid criket guts (bacteria laden cespool that smell geat and comes in a selfcontain chitin pakage)

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hehehe; just like all the animals, protein, aminoacids, lipids and nucleic acids. I hate metabolism!!!!

Cheers
Carles