what would you do with $200 at a reptile show?

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I usually spend 200-300 dollars at the shows that includes admission. i do a once around and see what everyone has. i look for those tables that dont Specialize in tarantulas. 80 percent of those people mislabel there tarantulas, Which is a plus for me. At the last show I found a 5 inch Pamphobeteus for 25-30 dollars.I do spend the rest of the money on tarantulas.I very rarely ever buy supplies.

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
I'd buy a couple slings and some supplies with $200. If I manage to have that much this upcoming show I'm definitely sticking with my plan. haha I'm -supposed- to only have 5 tarantulas while I live here buuuut who knows what I may come home with when I go to a show. xD

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I usually go to the shows for supplies and bulk feeders and to just look. I was very well-behaved at the last couple of shows, I came home with only what I went after. LOL
The criteria I set for myself:
Is the T high on my wish list?
Is it a reasonable price?
Is the distributor someone I know/trust either personally or by reputation?
Is it an impulse buy because it's right in my face? Or is it a species I really 'need'?
Can I get a [similar/healthier/smaller/larger] specimen cheaper online or elsewhere?

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The first thing I would buy is a bus ticket, because in order to be at a reptile expo I would be at least 500 miles from the middle of nowhere, which is where I reside. Next I would get coffee (if Seattle) and a taco (if Reno) , then , probably go wild buying slings of ...... b. smithi, x. immanis, g. puchra, h. lividum ... am I out of money yet? ... at this point I sell the bus ticket ...