What type of Centruroides?

tech

Arachnopeon
So i was at the local Herp show in Vegas this past weekend and picked up a Centruroides but not sure what type. I believe it was just listed as a Bark scorpion, maybe Arizona? don't quite remember exactly. Heres some pics. Thanks.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I thought that C.vittatus has a dark triangle on the carapace, at least the "mesic morph" has, I am no 100% sure if the xeric morph also has this. Since this specimen has no such triangle, I think this is C.sculpturatus "gertschi morph", because of the coloration of the tergites.
+1, it looks pretty light colored to be a vittatus... but i have no experience with vittatus.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I thought that C.vittatus has a dark triangle on the carapace, at least the "mesic morph" has, I am no 100% sure if the xeric morph also has this. Since this specimen has no such triangle, I think this is C.sculpturatus "gertschi morph", because of the coloration of the tergites.
The "xeric" morph does have the triangle michiel. There is a "morph" that doesn't, but it's not commonly found or sold that I've seen. I can't remember which one it is though... :?

This is one of my xerics next to mesics for illustration. :)
http://s619.photobucket.com/albums/...s vitttatus/?action=view&current=IMG_2489.jpg

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The "xeric" morph does have the triangle michiel. There is a "morph" that doesn't, but it's not commonly found or sold that I've seen. I can't remember which one it is though... :?

This is one of my xerics next to mesics for illustration. :)
http://s619.photobucket.com/albums/...s vitttatus/?action=view&current=IMG_2489.jpg
Hi, thanks for confirming that!
I know of only one more morph, the "pantheriensis morph".......maybe this is the one you mean.

Anyway, now I am 99% sure it is C.sculpturatus "gertschi'. Nice species, easy to breed.....

tech

Arachnopeon
i also thought its a C. vittatus but lacked the dark triangle shape on top.