what to get next?

billy28

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
im new to this forum and i am wondering what tarantula to get next? i have a g. rosea, l. parahybana, a chilobrachys sp., a. vesicolor, a. avicularia and my bran new five inch pederseni

Potemkin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, what are you interested in? My top four tarantulas are acanthoscurria geniculata, lasiodora parahybana, chromatopelma cyanopubescens and poecilotheria sp., but you might want something else. Nhandu genus is another good looking genus.

billy28

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, what are you interested in? My top four tarantulas are acanthoscurria geniculata, lasiodora parahybana, chromatopelma cyanopubescens and poecilotheria sp., but you might want something else. Nhandu genus is another good looking genus.
what pokie would you recomend getting next?

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yep!

either and obt or a haplopelma lividum
I agree 100%. You'll see the OBT more and it will be less expensive, so I'd probably go that route. Also, they're tough as nails. And, you'll have fun working with something that's inhumanly fast, aggro, and has some of the most potent venom out there. The perfect pet! lol.

--the nature boy

Last edited:

billy28

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree 100%. You'll see the OBT more and it will be less expensive, so I'd probably go that route. Also, they're tough as nails. And, you'll have fun working with something that's both inhumanly fast, aggro, and has some of the most potent venom out there. The perfect pet! lol.

--the nature boy

Potemkin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
what pokie would you recomend getting next?
I've only kept regalis, but I loved those. From what I've heard, the differences between the genuses are relatively minor. Genics rule too, like hardcore. OBTs are another great idea. I like hysterocrates sp. as well. There's so many.

billy28

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree 100%. You'll see the OBT more and it will be less expensive, so I'd probably go that route. Also, they're tough as nails. And, you'll have fun working with something that's inhumanly fast, aggro, and has some of the most potent venom out there. The perfect pet! lol.

--the nature boy
oh yah and my three inch lividum died in a moult. i have no idea why it just did. the humidity was right, it had at least ten inchs of sub strait(it never burrowed)and yet it still got stuck in its moult:mad:

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
oh yah and my three inch lividum died in a moult. i have no idea why it just did. the humidity was right, it had at least ten inchs of sub strait(it never burrowed)and yet it still got stuck in its moult:mad:
I challenge you to kill an OBT. They're like the alien; they can live, grow, and plot anywhere.

--the nature boy

Last edited:

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Did I mention you don't want to get bit by one? D@mn! Not the way to get your jollies. lol. {D

--the nature boy

p.s. and no, I didn't get bit while handling one. I got bit trying to remove an exuvium from it's webbing (I'm going to use them for halloween). The thing ran up the forceps, tagged me, and ran back into its webbing before I knew what hit me. I was stupid and was corrected. lol.

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It all depends on what you are into. Here are my recs based on the characteristics:

Color: chromatopelma cyanopubescens (less attitude) or OBT (more attitude)
Eater: Lasiodora difficilis
Size: Theraphosa blondi
Attitude + venom: any pokie (and the color is a bonus + arboreal) or OBT
Pet hole: haplopelma lividum

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm going to answer like I always do: Get anything you want. You have the needed experience for any tarantula species, if you remember to be careful.

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
(and the color is a bonus + arboreal)
Bah, Pokies are generally docile, though skittish. OBTs are also overrated when it comes to the additude. You should all get a big C. crawshayi or H. minax and you know what I mean. ;)