what to feed L3 hierodula membranacea?

lucc

Arachnopeon
Can L3 Hierodula membranacea eat small nymf roaches and small mealworms? i cant feed fruit flies. whats the smallest instar i can give small nymf roaches and small mealworms?

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
What I have been doing, since I don't have prey small enough for my mantid nymphs, is killing small mealworms and squeezing some guts out. When I touch the guts to their mouths they start eating if hungry. I have to be careful because if it's too big the nymphs might have trouble holding on if they aren't on the ground. So basically, I have probably broken a rule of prey size.

lucc

Arachnopeon
What I have been doing, since I don't have prey small enough for my mantid nymphs, is killing small mealworms and squeezing some guts out. When I touch the guts to their mouths they start eating if hungry. I have to be careful because if it's too big the nymphs might have trouble holding on if they aren't on the ground. So basically, I have probably broken a rule of prey size.
i can just cut the mealworms in half too right?

The Mantis Menagerie

Arachnobaron
Yes, you can cut the mealworms in half. There is no set time a mantis can start eating roaches and mealworms. Any mantis at any stage can be fed roaches or mealworms if you can find stages of those feeders that are small enough for your mantis.

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
Feed them smaller roach or cricket nymphs, or fruit flies if you can feed a lot of them