what to buy

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm going to buy a new breeding pair of scorps soon. I'm almost positive it'll be a pair of hadogenes sp not sure which yet but maybe I'll go for babycurus jacksoni. Which of the two would you guys like to see more captive bred specimens of?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hadogenes!

but i heard those puppies are SLOW growers... so if you want to sell as 3-4 instar it might take a long time

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hadogenes it is then. Thanks for your input bud.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
come to think of it
i have seen WAY more CB B.jacks than CB hadogenes

come to think of it i don't think i have seen CB hadogenes

hardly conclusive, of course... but interesting to think about

... too bad G won't say more =P

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
G. Carnell said:
good luck... thats all ill say :D
HAHAHA I was thinking the same thing :D

Bigboy, Breeding Hadogenes spp will be a daunting task to say the least. Try B jacksoni.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
just as one tiny tiny example, ive had a subadult for 1-2 years now, and its eaten maybe 10 crickets, it looks very fat and no way does it look close to a moult!

your childrens chrildren will be separating the second instars if you breed them today :)

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
G. Carnell said:
just as one tiny tiny example, ive had a subadult for 1-2 years now, and its eaten maybe 10 crickets, it looks very fat and no way does it look close to a moult!

your childrens chrildren will be separating the second instars if you breed them today :)
jesu!

that's southwest united states aphonopelma style!!!!

does anybody have longevity data? everything i've come across looked like it would be about as valuable as my own guess =P

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i was joking...

but it probably takes SEVERAL years to gain maturity
and probably around 2 years to give birth after mating
(can anyone back me up on this?)

here im just guessing, but Hemiscorpionidae are known for crap reproduction rates :(
and crap growth rates

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hah

Guys come on now, I'm not interested in breeding for money, those who are are usually very unrealistic. I just want to put some more captive breds in to help out wild populations. Anything can be bred if you give it the right place to live and food to be eaten, I'm a strict believer of that. I'll breed em and if I'm still using this site when they're popping then you folks may be in luck. And if not, hey I'm still doin my part. You doing yours?