What tarantulas do you prefer old worlds or new worlds?

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
i prefer defensive ts doesnt matter old or new world only cause to me they are easier to manage with my mobility issues

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
My wife and I both want nothing to do with old worlds. If the idea of it makes both of us uncomfortable, it's just not a good fit for us. Everyone is different. Some people may love them, and that's cool.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
My wife and I both want nothing to do with old worlds. If the idea of it makes both of us uncomfortable, it's just not a good fit for us. Everyone is different. Some people may love them, and that's cool.
Mature point of view (I hope my translation is correct) - that's great!

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Gun to my head new world, that's a tough one though. Basically comes down to I can't give up Aphonopelma or Psalmopoeus. And the idea of not having a GBB is borderline criminal.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Nowadays, I just go by species without ever thinking whether it’s New World or Old World.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
New World without a doubt. I'll take urticating hairs over potent venom and speed any day of the week.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I like both. Plus/minus to each. I go by species for decision making, not OW/NW. My collection has changed over the years, it used to be OW heavy, lately it's NW heavy.

Conor10

Arachnoknight
I used to only like new worlds, but after seeing baboons and a P. Metallica old, worlds all day😃

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Only OW I have are a handful of P mets I'm raising.

I'm big on NW species though and think I always will be. Particularly big, bulky terrestrials 😍

There are a few OW Ill get but still prefer my hair kickers!!

i prefer defensive ts doesnt matter old or new world only cause to me they are easier to manage with my mobility issues
I hear you. Something that'll stand it's ground and raise its front (or back) end are much more predictable than a t that'll bolt all over the place.

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
I love different species from both, but my favorites (H. Mac, p. Metallica, p. Murinus, p. Regalis) are all old worlds so imma have to go with them. Plus I like their attitudes, and they have a little more character imo.

joossa

Arachnobaron
New World T's. I enjoy a lot of the simpler/begginer genera, really. Generally not a fan of complexity and big risks. Not saying keeping NW's can't be complex or risky, but you all know what I mean when you think of OW's. I have huge respect for those that care for and keep OW's. :cool:

I also totally prefer terrestrial species over arboreal.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Some of the species I enjoy are New Worlds and some are Old Worlds. I just choose whichever species interests me! If I absolutely HAD to choose though, I'd probably choose New World tarantulas.