• Acanthoscurria juruenicola

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Brachypelma baumgarteni

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I know what I want but these 2 spieces are not sold from 1 dealer so I have to choose because can't afford shipping from 2 different dealers (unless CSP gets one of these in then I can have both cause w/CSP don't have to pay shipping) So which one of the two do u think I should get?

Last edited:

Freddie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Why it's so difficult to decide by your own?
It should not be that difficult to say "i like this more, i can buy this later". Or at least i know if i have to decide between two t's which one i want though i want them both. Maybe im just weirder than i thought.

Where is this world going if this simple thing is so difficult? :)

Kismet

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nothing wrong with asking an opinion...I personally prefer A.juruenicola ;)

jdcarrel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
not trying to judge, but I like the Brachypelma baumgarteni a lot more. :)

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Freddie said:
Why it's so difficult to decide by your own?
It should not be that difficult to say "i like this more, i can buy this later". Or at least i know if i have to decide between two t's which one i want though i want them both. Maybe im just weirder than i thought.

Where is this world going if this simple thing is so difficult? :)
Yeah but I like them the same so I can't choose :D

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
rosehaired1979 said:
1/2" and I believe the Acanthoscurria juruenicola is the same size
then you should get the baumgarteni........ because i supplied them {D

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I voted for the A. juruenicola, because I love mine and I'm not big on Brachypelma. However, I agree with Salla. What you choose to purchase is your own decision, no one should make that decision for you. We all have our personal preferences, and they may not necessarily be your own. I've never asked anyone what I should buy, and I never will. I know what I like, and I don't need anyone to make up my mind for me.

Usually when I make an order I go to a dealer who has everything I'm looking for, if there isn't a dealer offering all that I want I make the decision to go with the dealer that has most of what I want and get the others later. I never order one spider at a time, my orders usually never contain less than 10 spiders.

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
metallica said:
then you should get the baumgarteni........ because i supplied them {D
>>that and Eddy or anyone else may not supply them again for a long time.Grab while the grabbin's good.A.juruenicola is readily available...baumgarteni is very rare....

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
metallica said:
hey pete how are yours doing?
>>they're doing great Eddy.They've molted 2-3 times now and are getting bigger now(appr 1").Another couple molts and the adult colors should be showing.I can hardly wait! :D

Dragoon

ArachnoGoon
Old Timer
hey, my little baumgarteni molted a couple of weeks ago and is showing dark femurs and pale orangish legs. Its absolutley gorgeous, and its a sling! I'm very happy with it. emilsmee(here on the boards) has one too, and hers still is hatchling tan.
So I'm taking a wild guess that mine is male :rolleyes: , and I have christened it Bob.
Bob the Baum.
Its going to be fun watching it grow.
Thanks metallica!

BTW pelo, my Peucetia is showing blue, yellow and red legs!! I moved it to a 2.5 gallon tank by the window, and I can see all the colors in the natural light, its amazing. Thanks for correcting my feeding it pinheads. :8o It can take down half inch crickets...
D.

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Dragoon said:
BTW pelo, my Peucetia is showing blue, yellow and red legs!! I moved it to a 2.5 gallon tank by the window, and I can see all the colors in the natural light, its amazing. Thanks for correcting my feeding it pinheads. :8o It can take down half inch crickets...
D.
>>I "think" I discovered how to identify sexes of peuctia.On one of mine,the male got quite noticeable "globes" on the end of his palps and remained smaller than the female I have.I put him with the female but found him dead on the substrate the following day...hmmm...I don't know if they mated or not and she hasn't produced a sack as yet.So keep an eye on yours and if you noticed little "globes" on the end of it's palps let me know and maybe we can get them together for some breeding...1/2 inch crickets???...bahhh....put in a large one and watch the show...lol..

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I say go with the Brachy :) That is a beautiful spider that is not always available ;)

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have decided on the Brachypelma baumgarteni because they are rare and I think I am getting a good deal for it to :) Thanks all :)