What kind of water should be used for watering Tarantulas?

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
I just use bottled water cause it's convenient for me to have a bottle next to my T's house rather than go to the kitchen to fill her dish. Seems to be fine for her.

Polenth

Arachnobaron
Noting that a couple of people using straight tap water without problems are from the UK... chloramine isn't as common in the UK. The problem is this could change and you won't necessarily be told about it. Back when chloramine was spreading in the US, people lost whole aquariums, because they didn't get notified and did a water change as usual.

An issue with terrestrial invertebrates is that it's unlikely to be instant death for them. That doesn't mean it won't have an impact over time.

My area only uses chlorine, which is easier to remove for both the humans in the house and the other animals. But I still add dechlorinator for the animals. It's peace of mind about any sudden changes to the supply and does tackle some heavy metals as well.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Noting that a couple of people using straight tap water without problems are from the UK... chloramine isn't as common in the UK. The problem is this could change and you won't necessarily be told about it. Back when chloramine was spreading in the US, people lost whole aquariums, because they didn't get notified and did a water change as usual.

An issue with terrestrial invertebrates is that it's unlikely to be instant death for them. That doesn't mean it won't have an impact over time.

My area only uses chlorine, which is easier to remove for both the humans in the house and the other animals. But I still add dechlorinator for the animals. It's peace of mind about any sudden changes to the supply and does tackle some heavy metals as well.
Thank you for clarification on this. I am ignorant didn't think tap water wasn't good in other places.
Probably the reason everytime we went abroad as a family my mam would tell me to never drink from the taps.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The water I use for my critters is hand-cut from centuries old glaciers by the hands of Himalayan virgins. They then carry the ice blocks themselves, bare handed, from the mountains where the water is slowly brought to room temperature using a technique that is older than time itself.

All seriousness aside, there is a place in the USA, believe it's Arkansas, their hot springs area, where the liquid water that reaches the surface is thousands of years old before man can drink it.