What Kind Of Tarantula Do I Have Really?

CrazyPinkToe2day

Arachnopeon
So, I have received many different answers to this question and most are inconclusive. Does anyone know what kind of tarantula I have specifically? She is a female... I think. Petsmart said she was laying eggs (although Petsmart probably knows squat). She is between 3.5 to 4 inches. Her abdomen seems to be slightly purple, but her legs also look slightly blue, not black. Her toes are definitely pink, but they fade to pale pink or white at the tips. Is she a hybrid? I she A.metallica, A.avicularia, or something else? It's all confusing to me. I have attached some pictures below.

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
Identifying avics through pics is almost impossible aside from a handful that are more obvious....it looks like an A. avic.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Asking the same question on the same forum will get you the same answers.
And creating multiple threads to cover the same topic is considered spam, just for future reference.

You might just have to settle for never knowing for sure. It's an Avicularia sp. for sure. Sometimes people refer to them as "Avicularia sp. Pet Store" because this happens so frequently.

CrazyPinkToe2day

Arachnopeon
Identifying avics through pics is almost impossible aside from a handful that are more obvious....it looks like an A. avic.
And creating multiple threads to cover the same topic is considered spam, just for future reference.

You might just have to settle for never knowing for sure. It's an Avicularia sp. for sure. Sometimes people refer to them as "Avicularia sp. Pet Store" because this happens so frequently.
Ha! Ha! Thats hilarious... and exactly how I feel. I guess mine is a A.avic.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
The A. Avic does not have white-tipped setae, so it must be some other species.

Best guess is A. metallica, but it's only a guess.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
The A. Avic does not have white-tipped setae, so it must be some other species.

Best guess is A. metallica, but it's only a guess.
Not true under the new revisions.. Most of the locality types have been done away with as valid species. Many are now morphotypes of A.avicularia, the former metallica being one of them.. It's now A.avicularia morphotype #6 I believe.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
So, I have received many different answers to this question and most are inconclusive. Does anyone know what kind of tarantula I have specifically? She is a female... I think. Petsmart said she was laying eggs (although Petsmart probably knows squat). She is between 3.5 to 4 inches. Her abdomen seems to be slightly purple, but her legs also look slightly blue, not black. Her toes are definitely pink, but they fade to pale pink or white at the tips. Is she a hybrid? I she A.metallica, A.avicularia, or something else? It's all confusing to me. I have attached some pictures below.

Your never going to know for sure. Ever.. And because of that you really shouldn't breed it. You have a very beautiful, hardy pet Tarantulas from the Avicularia Genus. Name it mystery and stop worrying about what it is. Just enjoy her for what she is and start setting up your next enclosure ;)...

CrazyPinkToe2day

Arachnopeon
Your never going to know for sure. Ever.. And because of that you really shouldn't breed it. You have a very beautiful, hardy pet Tarantulas from the Avicularia Genus. Name it mystery and stop worrying about what it is. Just enjoy her for what she is and start setting up your next enclosure ;)...
I'll take your advice. Thx!