What is this coming out of my A. met.

XxAWoLxX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey guy's ,

when i got home from work today i noticed this white dried fluid on the inside of my A.met. home so i took a closer look and my t was pushing i guess her mouth up against the glass and this white looks like milk fluid would come out and she did this pretty much all around her cage is this normal??? it looked like it was comming out of her fangs too here's a pic

Attachments

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What? Are you serious? This all came out of your T's mouth?

...I've never seen anything like this before. I heard exsessive drooling could be the result of nematoads...

XxAWoLxX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ShaunHolder said:
What? Are you serious? This all came out of your T's mouth?

...I've never seen anything like this before. I heard exsessive drooling could be the result of nematoads...

yes, the front side is covered too.

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have not seen or heard of anything like that. Before I saw the picture I was thinking poop... I would PM one of the experts on the board with the thread link. Please update, I am VERY curious.

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just to be safe, you should probably quarantine the T until you figure out what is happening.

Karen N.

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Definately quarantine that tarantula! Then do a search on "nematodes" on this board. You will also get results on something like "white goo".

The prognosis is not good. White goo around the mouth seems to be a product of a nematode infestation. It needs intensive treatment or it will kill the individual. I've never see this level of goo production before, nor the smearing behaviour, although that could possibly be accidental.

Of course it could be something else too. But take no chances until you get a definative diagnosis.

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
I was gona suggest that... read this thread & this thread.

Apparently, phorid flies could lay eggs in crickets and when T's eat those... Do you keep your own feeders or buy small quantities from stores? And yeah that's quite a view you have in that pic... good luck!

harwin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Phorid flies.. hmm I remeber seeing some flies in a couple days after feeding my T about a month ago, I changed the whole substrate... hope nothing goes wrong...

Greaper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Same thing happens with my A metallica. What the hell is this???

XxAWoLxX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ultimate Instar said:
Just to be safe, you should probably quarantine the T until you figure out what is happening.

Karen N.

what do you mean by quarantine like out of the room of the other t's?

XxAWoLxX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
JohnxII said:
I was gona suggest that... read this thread & this thread.

Apparently, phorid flies could lay eggs in crickets and when T's eat those... Do you keep your own feeders or buy small quantities from stores? And yeah that's quite a view you have in that pic... good luck!

i buy maybe 15 30 crickets which last me about 2 weeks i just got her/him maybe two weeks ago and it hasn't eatin' yet...... so i take it that it's catch-e that sucks because i transfered my P. reglis into her old cage with out changing anything now what????

XxAWoLxX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
rosehaired1979 said:
Yes take into another room so that whatever it won't spread to the other Ts.

What about my P. Reg. that is in my A. metillic's old home??????

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Get your regalis out of there. Nematodes are **extremely** contagious and can rapidly spread through your whole collection. DEFINITELY separate the metallica from the others... hopefully the damage has not already been done. Your metallica does appear to have the "white mouth gunk" and I don't know that anyone has yet to find a cure for this. Keep an eye on her... she may start having "seizures" or going into a death curl. My boyfriend lost an adult female E. murinus to this and we ended up having to euthanize her because the nematodes were coming out of her mouth. Sorry. :(

-Kelly