What is the most beautiful T out there?

slims88

Arachnopeon
I do have permission from the person who took this picture to post it. Will reference his post on another board if needed. I have no clue what this is, any help is appreciated. First two attempts to post were blocked, so hopefully this one can help him find out what he took pics of.

Per my personal messages about the watermark Chad said, "It is an undescribed species of Hapalopus,"

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Aphonopelma have always been my favorites. I love the 'western' palettes.

I've posted this before, but this was the best pic I snapped of my 'lil girl

She's got this coppery auburn color, very beautiful.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
For terrestrials Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi (sp. "blue femur", sp. "blue" or whatnot)

P1020189.JPG

They look simply stunning. Not the best eaters, very slow growers, but usually quite docile and not even kicking hairs. Lovely T! Other favorites include C. fimbriatus, P. sazimai, B. auratum, B. smithi.

As for arboreals: P. irminia and oh...P. irminia! Did I mention P. irminia? :D
P1020604.JPG

Other favs are P. subfusca, H. maculata, P. metallica and a bunch of Avics like versicolor, diversipes, sp. "Columbia" and more...

It all comes down to personal preference anyways...

JC014

Arachnopeon
Choosing the most beautiful T is difficult, more of hard to decide.
here are my fav T's in the collection
*A. Musculosa
*H. Columbia "large"
*B. Emilia
*B. Boehmei
*C. Marshalli

Taco123

Arachnopeon
My top favorites are:
Monocentropus balfouri
Idiothele Mira
Poecilotheria Metallica
Ephebopus Cyanognathus
Chromotopelma Cyaneopubescens
Avicularia versicolor
Brachypelma auratum
Brachypelma albiceps
Cyriocosmus bertae
Barchypelma Emilia
Brachypelma boehmei

Let's just say a lot.

SkittishMe

Arachnopeon
Poecilotheria Regalis!!!! :O

I can't make out which one looks best, but I think these are all very strikingly gorgeous!!! Actually no I change my mind, The Regalis is most beautiful!!!

P Regalis (my favorite actually. Just got my first female adult and I am just mesmarised by the shades of black/white intricate patterns and stripes. omg! :O
P Subfusca
P Metallica
M Mesomelas
P Irminia
A Versicolor
A Diversipes

...and lets not forget about the Typhochlaena Costae, which sadly may never pop up in the US trade for reasons I don't know. :*[

Last edited by a moderator:

SkittishMe

Arachnopeon
And I would like to add that the beautiful patterns on pokies are just dreamy and enchanting!! If only they knew how beautiful they were, they would not be so nervous. :(

Blackout14

Arachnoknight
Right now my favorite is my I Mira absolutely gorgeous with those little feet sticking out

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
The most beautiful Tarantula is the one that you actually see as opposed to being forever hidden in a burrow or cork tube! ;)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well of course the best beautiful looking Theraphosidae is the "goddess" cough cough Lasiodora parahybana of course, cough :shifty:

Abyss

Arachnoknight
For me my top 5 (in no particular order) are probably

T. seladonia
P. metallica
C. cyaneopupescens
L. violeceopes
A. versacolor

Vezon

Arachnopeon
It's a tough call between Pamphobeteus ultramarinus, Poecilotheria formosa, and Phoringochilus everetti. But who even cares, almost every tarantula is an amazingly beautiful creature (except P. muticus, ugly).

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Research Megaphobema mesomelas and tell me that's not stunning. Btw keep your blue P metallica I'd rather have a blue Thrixopelma :p

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
True. To be honest everything in that genus isn't awesome. Better.
My Megaphobema mesomelas is only a 1.25" sling at the minute so I can't wait to see those beautiful colours. This week I lost my Acanthoscurria Antillensis sling and I'm eyeing up a Megaphobema robustum as a replacement