What Is The Difference Between A Asian Black And An Asian Birdeater ?

darabbit82

Arachnopeon

They Look Almost The Same Is There A Difference ?:?

Vidaro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
u mean haplopelma longipes and Haplopelma aureopilosum?

darabbit82

Arachnopeon
I thank you guys for the help, and I will post pic's of mine, maybe it's just me. but I do know they are both really grumpy....

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
For future reference, please don't use English names. They are an inconsistent mess, and someone asking about an "asian black birdeater" or "asian birdeater" or "indian ornamental baboon flame stripe knee horned devil electric slide tarantula" could be asking about anything.

What you know under the two names you asked about could be completely different species (as the second post illustrated) to the person you're asking...and to a third person, they could be two names used for ONE species. So it's really better to save yourself the time and use the science names. ;)

agent lead

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my minax is a mean bastard!

be carefull with that one....its the meanest of the mean

hasani1408

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
For future reference, please don't use English names. They are an inconsistent mess, and someone asking about an "asian black birdeater" or "asian birdeater" or "indian ornamental baboon flame stripe knee horned devil electric slide tarantula" could be asking about anything.

What you know under the two names you asked about could be completely different species (as the second post illustrated) to the person you're asking...and to a third person, they could be two names used for ONE species. So it's really better to save yourself the time and use the science names. ;)
I agree 100 % common names stink! that's why I have a mystery haplopelma species now. it was sold by some crazy common name that is far from common.