What is my next tarantula gonna be?

ECH

Arachnopeon
¡PLEASE READ BEFORE ANSWERING!
Some people I think have been getting confused by my question? But when I say I’m gonna order the spiders below, Im gonna order them ALL at once so I wanna know if Im missing a species that I should add to the order?
Sorry for confusion
So I’m gonna order some spiders soon..
Im gonna order
Grammostola pulchra (x2)
B hamorii
B vagans
B boehmei
B albipilosum
L parahybana
GBB
C versicolor
G rosea RCF
P muticus
T violaceus
N tripepii
A geniculata
P sp. “Blue”
Any recommendations? I was thinking G iheringi, C sp. “electric blue”, etc.
My current collection is
Brachypelma albiceps
Brachypelma klaasi
Hapelopelma minax
Chilobracyhs sp. “Kaeng krachan”
Chilobrachys sp. “Vietnam Blue”
Nhandu chromatus
Hapolopus sp. Colombia Large
Avicularia metallica
Pterinochilus murinus
Avicularia braunshauseni
And I’ve ordered a T stirmi and C. darlingi
Recommendations?

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
My only advice, if you plan to buy a P.muticus one day, is this: really go for a sexed 0.1, save yourself the pain of a 'Biblical' waiting for end with a 1.0

Unless you seek a breeding project/trade off etc they are nothing special.

Ashley2070

Arachnopeon
Maybe get the pulchras first while they're still available. Sounds like there might be a dry spell in the availability of them soon.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Should I get. Lasiadora parahybana or E. murinus?
I have females of both, the E. murinus is mature about 5.5" and my LP is about 3". The murinus has a cool pattern but I'd prefer a full grown LP, bigger size and a nice coloration.

Some other awesome species to add to your (already very large) list are H. pulchripes and M. balfouri. Enjoy the T. stirmi btw they're savages.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
You are missing B. emilia, IMO. Really striking pattern on them, and the care is as easy as any other Brachy.

I might also suggest N. tripepii. Cute little teddy bears...with fangs...and some attitude.

KrystalG

Arachnosquire
E.murinus, but don't buy a sling, directly search for a 0.1

1.0 aren't that 'skeleton' at all, good/worth only for breeding, nothing else :)
Can you explain what the numbers mean? I've seen them around but don't understand. Also, recommendations on best sites to buy from?

I have females of both, the E. murinus is mature about 5.5" and my LP is about 3". The murinus has a cool pattern but I'd prefer a full grown LP, bigger size and a nice coloration.

Some other awesome species to add to your (already very large) list are H. pulchripes and M. balfouri. Enjoy the T. stirmi btw they're savages.
Ugh so many wonderful options how do i pick

Last edited by a moderator:

NukaMedia Exotics

Ugh so many wonderful options how do i pick
How many Ts do you already own, and for how long have you had them?... Getting 10+ Ts all at once isn't a great idea if you're not experience. And any species you do buy you must put in time to research beforehand to know how to setup their enclosure and other things important to their care.

KrystalG

Arachnosquire
Oh
How many Ts do you already own, and for how long have you had them?... Getting 10+ Ts all at once isn't a great idea if you're not experience. And any species you do buy you must put in time to research beforehand to know how to setup their enclosure and other things important to their care.
i know. I have five already. I want to decide now so i can do research and buy one this summer.

NukaMedia Exotics

Oh

i know. I have five already. I want to decide now so i can do research and buy one this summer.
Good plan. I'm also going to second a few on your list that I own and love; 1) L. parahybana, 2) C. versicolor, 3) B. vagans. My male B. vagans sling was taking down mealworms twice its size when it was about 1.5"... A sight to behold.

KrystalG

Arachnosquire
Dang I just can't decide. I Don't want arboreal, I know that much, and i love webbers. M. balfouri is too expensive rn. BTW, where shouls I order them.

octaJon

Arachnopeon
Opinions on Blue Foot Baboons?
I have an I. mira sling that's ~ 1.25", has a little trapdoor that it uses to ambush prey, fantastic feeding response, good disposition at least for the time being. Very cool and unique tarantula.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Also, recommendations on best sites to buy from?
I'm Italian, European... therefore, technically, not even able to provide to you the better info about U.S sellers, but check here the 'Classifieds' etc :)

Last edited: