What Do You Name Your Tarantulas?

P4RK

Arachnopeon
That is such a good idea! I almost named her "Tater". Also due to the potato rump. But I feel that her spud-like butt will go away with the next molt :rolleyes: I will still think about Spud. It's a great idea!
I love spud- butt
My only T is called fluffy . But I have been thinking of names if any new additions come to the house

starnaito

Arachnosquire
My adult male A genic is named October (month I bought him), but I usually call him Jerkface. So I named my baby A. genic JJ, which stands for Jerkface Junior... XD

But, yes, all my Ts have names. These are the others:
1.0.0 A. avicularia - Pantalaimon
0.1.1 B. hamorii - Serafina & Murdoc
0.0.3 C. versicolor - Kai, Amani, & Yari
0.1.0 G. porteri - Winter
0.0.1 G. pulchra - Shadow
0.0.1 G. pulchripes - Nine
0.0.1 G. rosea - Eleven
0.1.0 E. sp. yellow - Spark

(Nine and Eleven are not so named because they are my ninth or eleventh Ts; they're named after fictional characters.)

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
Okay I left this thread alone for way too long but I also realized I never told you what I named my inverts so here we go
Hogna Carolinensis- ishumaura (dead space)
Paraphidipus aurantius- Aru (future diary)
Brachepelma albopilosum- rook (rainbow six seige)
Dysdera crocata- Ana (mother mother)
Hadrurus arizonensis- reaper (mother mother)

1.0 Hadrurus arizonensis- Friend
Wait why friend? Like shouldn't that be the name for something that's out all the time mine almost never comes out from its hide

I also don't really change the names whether they end up male or female. Jessica Rabbit could be male, but he'll remain Jessica Rabbit. They're spiders, they don't care, and I never say their names to their face anyway.

Except for Noodle. I talk to her sometimes and call her a Danger Noodle. She just gives me a threat posture and tells me to leave.
Oh I pretty much only refer to them by there names it just gives them more personality.

WC wolf spiders
I'm excuse me but speak for yourself ishumaura- I mean my Hogna Carolinensis will not be put in danger by any party goers

Grammostola pulchripes 0.1.0 (Legs)
Why do I love that name so much

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
Same here, they were some of my favourite games when I was a pup.
Na man those MK references are nothing compared to what I was originally planning on naming my giant desert hairy scorpion (I don't feel like looking up the scientific name rn)... Scorpio BOOM MOST ORIGONAL NAME EVER!!!!

If I ever got a t.blondi it would be called candy because I ride horses and my favourite one I ride is a massive golden brown mare called candy
Dude when I get a blondi ima name it pipsqueek. Yes this is pipsqueek she is actauly the largest species of spider in the world

Oh my god I was just checking on rook and I accadentaly shined my phone flashlight into reapers enclosure and reaper got spooked and ran in defence pose back into its hide in my periferal and long story short i just pooped myself

Last edited by a moderator:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Na man those MK references are nothing compared to what I was originally planning on naming my giant desert hairy scorpion (I don't feel like looking up the scientific name rn)... Scorpio BOOM MOST ORIGONAL NAME EVER!!!!
My first Scorpion was called Hanzo (Hanzo Hasashi being Scorpion's real name) lol

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
No - I don't name them as such - although my little B. albopilosum is beginning to be quite the "TANK" so there's my first ever named spider - Thanks Guys....

Kiraral

Arachnopeon
I name mine, at least for the time being. I’m sure at some point I’ll stop and only name certain ones...

My current T’s are:
Phobia
Snap
Crackle
Pop
Queenie
Cookie Monster
“Reduncus”
Nemo
Love
Bug
Billie
Spider
Blacky
Whitey

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
I name mine, at least for the time being. I’m sure at some point I’ll stop and only name certain ones...

My current T’s are:
Phobia
Snap
Crackle
Pop
Queenie
Cookie Monster
“Reduncus”
Nemo
Love
Bug
Billie
Spider
Blacky
Whitey
i know that eventually i will have too many inverts to keep track of there names but that doesnt mean im going to stop naming them. im just gonna put a lable on there enclosures with there scientific name, common name, gender, and what i named it

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
i know that eventually i will have too many inverts to keep track of there names but that doesnt mean im going to stop naming them. im just gonna put a lable on there enclosures with there scientific name, common name, gender, and what i named it
I just do name (if it has one), scientific name and (M) or (F).

lateapexpredator

So angry
My kids like goofy names and my wife likes giving them goofy names

T. stirmi - "Samsquanch"
N. coloratovillosus - "John Denver"
L. parahybana - "Houdini" (escaped its critter keeper for a few seconds because I misjudged it's size)
OBT - "Cheeto"
H. sp Columbia large - "Punkin"
P. metallica - "Ms. New Gooty"
P. fasciata - "Pig Pen" (because dirt curtains)
P. sp platyomma - "Princess Huckleberry"
C. sp Vietnam blue - "Jafar"
T. violaceus - "Usain"
A. braunshauseni - "Fluffybutt"

New ones coming in this week:

A. purpurea - "Petunia"
C. fimbriatus - "Shere Khan" (doing Disney villain them with Chilobrachys)
C. darlingi - "Chaaaarlie" (Charlie the Unicorn)
C. lividus - Unnamed as of yet
I. hirsutum - "Enchilada"
D. diamantinensis - Unnamed as of yet
B. albopilosum - "Fozzie Bear"
H. maculata - "Pongo"
S. calceatum - Unnamed as of yet
L. violaceopes - Unnamed as of yet

TheDuchess

Arachnopeon
I like naming my pets, it's fun and gives them more personality, and it's easier for my exotic-phobic housemates to stomach.

That said, I haven't come up with a name for my T yet. As of right now, it's name is "Who's Asking"

Our friend, Kate: Oh... what's its name?
Me, smiling: It's called Kate!

I'm hoping to come up with something better but seeing as I've had it for a few months and no name has stuck, Who's Asking will be a fun placeholder. It's significantly harder with my housemates making fun of any name I come up with though...

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
I find it difficult to name my inverts. I have a few named. My B. emilia is ONI (after the Office of Naval Intelligence from the Halo series), my C. versicolor is technically my mothers and she calls it Pinky (super original), my H. sp. Large is The great Pumpkin. My mother likes to assign names to my inverts but I reject most of them lol

Screamingreenmachine

Arachnosquire
Almost all of mine were named by my friend as she's in love with them, and the names have stuck haha!

H. Mac- Gandalf
P. Murinus- Durin's Bane
C. Cyan- Olgierd von Everec
B. Hamorii- Athena
B. Emilia- Pumpkin
B. Vagans- Barbarossa
C. Bertae- Peludo
Euathlus So. Fire- Icarus
P. Muticus- Cinnamon
C. Fimbriatus- Indigo
G. Pulchra- Sauron
G. Pulchripes- Burrito