What can I keep in a 2.5 gallon?

Kasperson

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, so I have several 2.5 gallons and I have enough aquariums. And several reptile terrariums but I am trying to find information on what I can house in 2.5 gallons.

And suggestions on what kind of full grown tarantulas or scorpions that could live in the tank, consider arboreal and terrestrial

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Hey guys, so I have several 2.5 gallons and I have enough aquariums. And several reptile terrariums but I am trying to find information on what I can house in 2.5 gallons.

And suggestions on what kind of full grown tarantulas or scorpions that could live in the tank, consider arboreal and terrestrial
Can you offer some approximate dimensions? i'm not familiar with those but i'm guessing that's big enough for most midsized terrestrial species.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
An adult female C. fimbriatus will fit comfortably in there. As will any smaller burrower - C. darlingi or E. uatuman would be good examples.

Here is my AF C. fimbriatus. She has laid two sacs in this same enclosure.
20190214_213541.jpg

20190214_213547.jpg

EDIT:
Dimensions are 12"L x 6"D x 8"H

It is not great for terrestrials. Like most aquariums, it favors height over floorspace. However, this makes it ideal for burrowers.

Kasperson

Arachnopeon
Can you offer some approximate dimensions? i'm not familiar with those but i'm guessing that's big enough for most midsized terrestrial species.
Is what aqueon has on there website 12.25" x 6.25" x 8.125"

An adult female C. fimbriatus will fit comfortably in there. As will any smaller burrower - C. darlingi or E. uatuman would be good examples.

Here is my AF C. fimbriatus. She has laid two sacs in this same enclosure.
View attachment 300153

View attachment 300154

EDIT:
Dimensions are 12"L x 6"D x 8"H

It is not great for terrestrials. Like most aquariums, it favors height over floorspace. However, this makes it ideal for burrowers.
I would prefer more of terrestrial/arboreal rather than a burror species because I would like it to be a “display animal” meaning I can see it and give it proper care, I really don’t like seeing just a container of substrate you feel me

Last edited by a moderator:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I would prefer more of terrestrial/arboreal rather than a burror species because I would like it to be a “display animal” meaning I can see it and give it proper care, I really don’t like seeing just a container of substrate you feel me
Does my C. fimbriatus look like it's in a burrowing setup? ;) They will web if you give them anchor points.

But if you don't want that, then no, a 2.5gal will not work for any terrestrial species I know of. At least not as an adult and certainly not without modifications as you've seen on mine.

Kasperson

Arachnopeon
No I love your setup, I would prefer GBB for the the color and webbing. It’s great when T web up an enclosure in my opinion and makes it look sick you know.

Thanks for your suggestion I will look around my area and show you what I come up with!