What are some good display enclosures for Tarantulas?

Fade

Arachnosquire
I need help here, I am going to get my first T and want a good display tank for them but at a good price.

I don't want to use acrylic as it can yellow and warp over time. A glass aquarium sounds perfect but I know the wire lid can get Ts stuck, and I don't want to make a diy glass lid.

I see jamie's tarantulas and backwatereptiles has good acrylic enclosures but again if I'm not mistaken they won't last years as they can yellow, and might warp.

Any help is greatly appreciated

shutout2000

Arachnoknight
I've used acyrilic enclosures like that for years, never had an issue personally. Anyone else had this issue he speaks of?

starnaito

Arachnosquire
I have one of Jamie's that I bought for my first T and it's still in great shape (no yellowing or warping). I also have a large one from Lorex Plastics that's going strong, but it's not as well built as Jamie's. (Don't get the Backwater Reptiles ones - I've seen lots of complaints about them.) I don't like the glass ones for larger T's because they're not as easy to move.

Jamie's - just cleaned it and set it up for a new T:
IMG_20180317_222748_797.jpg
Lorex Plastics one (center of picture) for my A. genic:
IMG_20180123_215249_965.jpg

Fade

Arachnosquire
I have one of Jamie's that I bought for my first T and it's still in great shape (no yellowing or warping). I also have a large one from Lorex Plastics that's going strong, but it's not as well built as Jamie's. (Don't get the Backwater Reptiles ones - I've seen lots of complaints about them.) I don't like the glass ones for larger T's because they're not as easy to move.

Jamie's - just cleaned it and set it up for a new T:
View attachment 270213
Lorex Plastics one (center of picture) for my A. genic:
View attachment 270214
How long have you had the jamie's enclosure. When I meant over time I meant several years. Thanks for the tip on backwater, wasn't sure about those as well.

starnaito

Arachnosquire
How long have you had the jamie's enclosure. When I meant over time I meant several years. Thanks for the tip on backwater, wasn't sure about those as well.
I've only had it maybe a year and a half. But it's a quality enclosure for sure. I think Tom from Tom's Big Spiders has had one for his rosie for several years without issue. He has a YouTube video reviewing them if you're interested:

Fade

Arachnosquire
I've only had it maybe a year and a half. But it's a quality enclosure for sure. I think Tom from Tom's Big Spiders has had one for his rosie for several years without issue. He has a YouTube video reviewing them if you're interested:
Thanks, yeah I've already seen that video and have wtch him for a bit. Some of his started warping but he had the older model though. So I might go with jamie's but it is a bit pricey. I also got a suggestion to use hobby lobby display cases that are used for model cars. Drill holes and you're set. Might go with that one as well. Do you happen to know how long a T can stay in it's container from an expo?

starnaito

Arachnosquire
Thanks, yeah I've already seen that video and have wtch him for a bit. Some of his started warping but he had the older model though. So I might go with jamie's but it is a bit pricey. I also got a suggestion to use hobby lobby display cases that are used for model cars. Drill holes and you're set. Might go with that one as well. Do you happen to know how long a T can stay in it's container from an expo?
It should be okay in the container for a few days to a week, as long as there's enough ventilation and the substrate is not to moist. Odds are the T has already been in it for a while before it got to the expo.

octaJon

Arachnopeon
I've used hobby lobby display cases for quite a few of my tarantulas with no issues. Crystal clear, inexpensive, readily available, and easy to convert to an arboreal enclosure if needed.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I need help here, I am going to get my first T and want a good display tank for them but at a good price.

I don't want to use acrylic as it can yellow and warp over time. A glass aquarium sounds perfect but I know the wire lid can get Ts stuck, and I don't want to make a diy glass lid.

I see jamie's tarantulas and backwatereptiles has good acrylic enclosures but again if I'm not mistaken they won't last years as they can yellow, and might warp.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Slackwater....DO NOT BUY FROM THEM EVER..just burn your money.

Thicker acrylic helps minimize warping. You can use fish tank with a DIY acrylic lid instead.

I've used acyrilic enclosures like that for years, never had an issue personally. Anyone else had this issue he speaks of?
Many accounts of warped acrylic out there from a variety of vendors. In some cases coco fiber will turn acrylic a color that is not clear haha.