What are some good communal tarantulas?

Taco123

Arachnopeon
Sorry if I someone already posted something about this. I would like to know which tarantulas are good in communal setups besides holothele incei. Im thinking of starting a communal setup so just learning the facts right now! :D

Kaltheory

Arachnopeon
There's always a hazard with any attempt at a communal. But I have heard of/seen some success with M. balfouri

JC014

Arachnopeon
H Gigas are good communal tarantulas, and P Regalis as well i had mine in a communal set up and theres no problem..

fenhawk1

Arachnosquire
Some Poecilotheria, can't remember all the exceptions but I'm sure that Ornata will cannibalize.
Monocentropus balfouri can be kept communally.
Hysterocrates gigas could be but they get quite large so I guess you'd need a large enclosure.
Holothele incei
There was an old post a while back about a guy who imported some "Chicken spiders" from Peru; Arana polita?
Some people have kept Pterinochilus murinus together with some success.

Arachtion

Arachnobaron
Holothele incei, Hysterocrates sp., most Poecilotheria sp., Monocentropus balfouri, Pterinochilus murinus

prairiepanda

Arachnoknight
H gigas are neat in communals because they tend to make use of water features, so you can get really cool enclosures set up.

P murinus and Poecilotheria sp. communals are probably better for display, because you'll see the Ts more.

H incei are probably the best to start with, though, because there's a lot more experience in the hobby with them in communal setups. Plus, they're dwarfs, so when they multiply it's easier to manage than with larger species like H gigas that need a lot of space.