What am I doing wrong?

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
So here's the situation, in the last 2 months I have had 6 out of 9 centipedes that have been under my care die. 5 were pedelings of E. trigonopodus (about 3-4" long) and the other a 6" S. subspinipes red leg form. The pedelings were infested with hemolyph sucking mites when i rescued them, so the deaths to them weren't a big deal, until the first one (of these) to moult under my care passed away today for no explicable reason (was finally free of the mites just in time for it to die), I had rehoused this one yesterday and it was VERY active, a blur of motion while i was rehousing it.

All the pedes have been kept on peat moss and/or black earth soil, with access to water at all times through either a water dish or daily mistings, temperatures were in the upper 70 or low 80's, (as is the case for my entire invert collection), cork bark has been provided as appropriate for the size of the pedes.

Any ideas on what to change would be appreciated, as I don't want to lose the remaining three (the mother to the pedelings, one pedeling, and my 7-8" subspinipes Mai Chu).

Thank you
Mori