Western Diamandback Rattler Pricing?

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Hello and thanks for veiwing my post.

A friend of mine is looking into the Western Diamnadback snakes and would like to get a younger specimen.

Do shows like Hamburg , PA have them? If so, what kind of penny do they run for a smaller snake?

Ravnos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm sure someone at Hamburg would have them, they're one of the more common snakes in the hot trade. Normal babies usually run 30-45 dollars. If you want to get into color morphs, albinos are usually in the range of $400.

Rav

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The Hamburg show will most definitely have atrox. I've been going to that show for at least 5 years now and some vendor usually carries them. The last show, one fellow there had them for $25/hatchling. There was even a patternless specimen. But, they were big bucks.
john

nitrotek

Arachnopeon
Has your friend looked into keeping HOTS or does he already keep them also if hes from CT like you then they are a no no in that state

Ravnos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Do you happen to remember who had the patternless and how much it was for? I have a friend who to my knowledge is the only one who has successfully captive bred the patternless morph. So... are they really diamondbacks if they're patternless? :)

Rav

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Rattler

Nope.... he's in Three Rivers, Texas. I used to go snake gathering out there but the has not been any around for sevral yeaars.

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I happened to make it to the Hamburg show, and the same vendor, had the same snake. Though it was much bigger than the last time I saw it. Mike Jolliff is the owner (snake was NFS). It is a stunning snake.
john