Weirdo M. balfouri

Bumblingbear

Arachnopeon
I'd like to get some anecdotes of behavior from other people who keep M. balfouri.

Mine is odd - or maybe not. My other spiders are more active and more comfortable during the night. Not my balfouri. She (pretty sure it's a she) is most active in the morning until right after noon. It's really strange.

I'm watching her work on her web right now.

She usually gets up, checks out her enclosure a bit, webs a little bit or moves some dirt around, closes a tunnel, opens a tunnel, and then sits on the top of her hide, staring off into space all afternoon.

At about 5pm she goes back into her hide and won't come out until the next morning.

Do other people's spiders do this, or is my balfouri a weirdo character like the rest of my spiders are turning out to be?

xStainD

Arachnopeon
I have a wolf spider that basically has herself on a set schedule. At about 11pm she comes out of her hide and explores the cage for about 2 hours before she settles down on the side of her cage that is near the heat(I keep her and some of my slings near my iguanas heat lamp, it's a great way to keep the temperature up). She will sit there all night until about 7am when she goes back to her hide.