weird question

death66

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i recall seeing a pic on rick west's site of a Avic. sp. eating a frog and even a bat too! very neato! infact here's das link:
mmm froggie legz

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i threw a few baby frogs for my a. avic, it took a bite and imediately spat it and ran away, sort of like, just killing the lil frog and leave it there.. and i had to clean up the mess it made.. lil frogs stink alot thou when they die..

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've fed my A.Avic a baby frog before, she seemed to like it.

-Mattyb

bman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
s_butterfly said:
will t's eat baby frogs? :?
The problem with baby frogs, or any amphibian, is that are sponges for toxic material in the nearby water. If there is any pollution in the area, you can bet the local amphibians have soaked it up. My uncle owns a Environmental Impact Assessment company that figures out the damage industries do to the environment. Frogs are one of the first things he looks at. If pesticides are used in your area, you can bet run off from rain will go into local rivers and ponds. And they absorb it all. Just keep this in mind when your out catching baby frogs for you T.

MilkmanWes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have read (but not witnessed) that Ts will eat small amphibians and reptiles including geckos and small snakes the wild in addition to insects and rodents.

Some people feed theirs anole lizards and house geckos in captivity.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I saw on a TV documentery a T blondi catching a young Fer de Lance snake. If a tarantula is hungry, it will often try to eat anything it can over power.

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Anything that moves...

Brian S said:
I saw on a TV documentery a T blondi catching a young Fer de Lance snake. If a tarantula is hungry, it will often try to eat anything it can over power.
You must be referring to "Tarantulas and their venomous relations", Unipix 1998. I have that video and have watched it dozens of times. Tarantulas,when hungry will attack anything that moves. Feeding your T little frogs may be OK, if your T doesn't savor the flavor she will drop it instantly.
I would be concerned about toxins and pesticides of the frog, but in most cases I don't see a problem with feeding those to your T once in a while.