Weeeee. Im a Scorp daddy

NoS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I never expected these guys would produce babies. I recieved these from GSC on here a while back and I noticed yesterday that one had scorplings on her back. I am so freaking excited. This is the first scorpion brood I have ever seen up close not to mention have. I have three of these guys together in a KK. If anyone has any suggestions then feel free to let me know.
Enjoy the pics.

Click the pics for more.
I am assuming that these are in the Vaejovis family and are called Pseudouroctonus Redelli, but I have seen them simply called P. Redelli and Vaejovis Redelli.
Maybe some one could clear this up for me.

Empi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Those little guys are awesome! I'm not very good with species yet. What species is that? Congrats! :clap:

redhourglass

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
NoS said:
I am assuming that these are in the Vaejovis family and are called Pseudouroctonus Redelli, but I have seen them simply called P. Redelli and Vaejovis Redelli.
Maybe some one could clear this up for me.
Hi.

Congrats on the young. Assuming this is reddelli there is a great article in pdf format located in the Journal of Arachnology online c/o life history of this species.

Click ME

I haven't keep this species in captivity but maybe seperate them (young) after a few molts and feed them termites/pinhead crickets. If you have adults co habitating in a KK then remove this mom into her own container to reduce stress. Also the genus is Pseudouroctonus. The taxonomy section -sticky- has the pdf by Stockwell regarding Vaejovis and Pseudouroctonus.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Sinc. Chad :)

prang11

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Remove the two other scorps, not the mom. Then leave here alone for a week or two. You want to stress the mother as little as possible. By removing the others the mother will remain in here usual habitat and would be less stressed then if you were to move her to a new container.

NoS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I removed the two other scorps and placed them seperately into their own deli cups, and guess what. The other two have given birth as well. I now have three of these mothers with babies crawling on their backs. I must have recieved them gravid.

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
awesome!
congrats on the scorplings
this is a species i've been wanting as well :)

good luck with them!