We made the front page.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good job educating people and correcting the misinformation they've been fed most likely their entire lives. I did notice the article said the species in the classroom were "low to no venom"...I'm not aware of any Theraphosid spider completely lacking venom. Are there such species?

MrJohn

Arachnopeon
The actual quote I gave was "the species of new world tarantulas we keep in the classroom have a low toxicity, or non-medically significant venom."

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
how old did it say that rosie was Lol??? seriously though.. cool stuff... teachin em how to make proper enclosures and how to raise the food colonies... pretty awesome.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Really happy for you about that! Congratulations! That's a good thing you do and I've seen that page before - really like educating kids to not be feared, but instead "understand" spiders better. Great thing to do...might be one day something for my GF to work with actually, who knows...although the kids she's working with are smaller... :)

Robotponys

Arachnoknight
how old did it say that rosie was Lol??? seriously though.. cool stuff... teachin em how to make proper enclosures and how to raise the food colonies... pretty awesome.
I'm pretty sure it was 4 1/2 yrs. Yeah this is really awesome! Perhaps T's would be legalized in NYC if kids can have them in classrooms... :p

grizzle

Arachnopeon
That's really cool! I wonder if I had something like that growing up, if it would have helped me get over my fear sooner.

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great job! It's awesome to see young kids being groomed to become future arachnaholics like us...lol

THECHAD

Arachnopeon
Great job it is sad the rep T's get my 11 year old son wanted to bring his 4.5 inch B vagans in to school to show his class room and his school made a big issue over it. Telling him that she is to deadly for him to bring her to school. And sent me home a letter saying he was Fighting with the teacher telling her That his spider was not deadly. Bunch of crap if you ask me I just told him just think of it this way your spider is to good for them any way lol.

Last edited:

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The actual quote I gave was "the species of new world tarantulas we keep in the classroom have a low toxicity, or non-medically significant venom."
Have you asked the newspaper to publish a correction, thereby getting your actual quote in print?