Wax and meal worms

kman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey guys I went to the local petshop today and picked up 50 of each. I bought them primarily for my 2 three month old leopard geckos but I'll probably feed the T's some of them as well. They came in little plastic containers with wood shavings in there. No food or water that I can see. Would someone be so kind and tell me how to keep them? Do I put them in something else and take the wood out? Food? Water? Put them in the fridge? Don't think my geckos would eat them if I froze them as they seem to hunt by movement of their prey.

Thanks for any help.

insekta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't have any experience with meal worms (those are those hard-shelled bitey alien looking things, right?). Wax worms, I don't know how you should keep them, but I bought some for a sick T that hard a really hard time catching other prey, thinking, of course that they wouldn't last long, and two weeks later they were still kicking in the same original container. Smelled nasty, though. I've heard they're pretty fattening for T's so I probably won't buy them again. They seemed to go to waste anyway.

Odinp13

Arachnopeon
I just keep them in 'fridge, take out what I'll use returning the container to 'fridge then warming up the prospective meals till they squirm around a bit. Just add T and let stand.