Water Dish Suitable?

Crazed

Arachnopeon
I got my first T (C.veriscolor) on tuesday, and after reading multiple different threads, have decided to put in a water dish. In the picture you can see her size compared to the water dish size. Is this bottle cap appropriate for her? My main worry is that she could drown, which obviously is the last thing I want to happen.
20181117_195419.jpg

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
The water dish is fine (they can’t drown) however, the enclosure isn’t. Make some ventilation holes and add in some anchor points like fake plants so the Avic could climb/use them.

Crazed

Arachnopeon
The water dish is fine (they can’t drown) however, the enclosure isn’t. Make some ventilation holes and add in some anchor points like fake plants so the Avic could climb/use them.
The entire top has ventilation holes and there are 4 on either side in the middle (not visible). Also, im not entirely sure what fake plants would be best, do you have any recommendations?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
The entire top has ventilation holes and there are 4 on either side in the middle (not visible). Also, im not entirely sure what fake plants would be best, do you have any recommendations?
I’d personally add more on the side, cross ventilation is just as important. I’d say buy some cork bark, make a little ‘lean to’ out of one and hot glue a couple leaves from one of those fake plants you find at the pet store

Crazed

Arachnopeon
I’d personally add more on the side, cross ventilation is just as important. I’d say buy some cork bark, make a little ‘lean to’ out of one and hot glue a couple leaves from one of those fake plants you find at the pet store
Thanks for the advice, I will be able to make all of those changes in about a week, my T should be fine for that long right? She has had no problems eating so far.
P.S. Sorry about the nooby questions, just want to make sure nothing bad happens :D

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
I hear they like sticks and leaves, I put some bark in mine and it never uses it.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I got my first T (C.veriscolor) on tuesday, and after reading multiple different threads, have decided to put in a water dish. In the picture you can see her size compared to the water dish size. Is this bottle cap appropriate for her? My main worry is that she could drown, which obviously is the last thing I want to happen.
View attachment 292491
Smaller dish, and more vent. When your exclusively venting from the top, it doesn't allow for the best airflow...cross vent is always superior IME.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
My main worry is that she could drown, which obviously is the last thing I want to happen.
Tarantulas are heinously hard to drown, slings don't even break the surface tension of water which means they can literally walk on it, yada-yada-ya. @Greasylake already shared the vid :pompous::cigar:

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Pretty much all I do on these avic threads anymore. Got kind of tired of typing the same stuff over and over.
Not just Avics, a lot of species will swim as well. Was talking to someone about a possible Pamphobeteus/Megaphobema species that they’ve seen swimming in the wild before on multiple occasions.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Not just Avics, a lot of species will swim as well. Was talking to someone about a possible Pamphobeteus/Megaphobema species that they’ve seen swimming in the wild before on multiple occasions.
I think they can all manage pretty well in the water, its almost an instinctual capability that they all need.

ccTroi

Arachnobaron
@Crazed i recall one of my versicolor slings when it was only 3i last year just finished molting and laid spreadout on its water dish (bottle cap). i thought it was dead! i tilted its enclosure, and it scurried to the top of the enclosure. :)