Water Crystals Question!!!! Please Help

zm378205

Arachnopeon
I just received a bag of water crystals for my b. dubia colony I am trying to start, but it didn't come with directions. Can someone please tell me how much of the crystals to add and how much water? I am going to make them in a one gallon jug.

Thanks for the help

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We use a half a teaspoon of crystals to every cup of water. Try that and just paly around with it. You may need to add more crystals if it's too watery, but the formula we use works every time.

-Cass

ghordy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A little goes a long way with that stuff. I don't believe you can add too much water. When the absorption limit is reached, just pour off the excess water.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
You have to experiment with your crystals. Take a cup of water and throw in a few crystals in(maybe 10). Leave it there for an entire day. If by next day it has not been absorbed throw in a few more. I thrown in about 15 crystals for a cup of water, but it depends on how big your crystals are.

zm378205

Arachnopeon
Awesome just put 6 teaspoon in a gallon of warm water. How long do they take to get fully uh I guess the word is "expanded"??? Also, is that it just add the crstals to the water? No stirring etc..

Thanks

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
if use use hot water about 4 hours...cold about 6...and yup thats it. just add water and leave them be...i usually drain any exces water off to prevent it from stagninting.

arachna-nono

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
3 tsp to 1/2 gallon for me (yes, that is 6tsp=1gallon!). Just add and let soak over night... voila!

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't see why anyone measures. Just put them in with way more water than they need. Let them sit in it overnight, and in the morning you pour out the extra water and put only the crystals in with your roaches or whatever.

If you try and put just the right amount of water in, half the time you won't max them out and the other half you will be pouring off extra water anyway.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i just go by the directions....they give you. i bought a 1 gallon rubbermain container from wal mart put 6 tsp in and fill with hot water next day what isnt absorbd get drained out...simple as that. ive never had a problem with them not absorbing there max.