want to change up diet

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey all wanted to change the diet of some of my t's every now and then maybe for like once a month sort of deal. I was thinking roaches but cant find a good place to buy them. honestly dont like them think their nasty.

what else do you all feed your t's besides crix...or maybe just the big t's

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Roaches are only nasty if they live in nasty conditions, just like any other animal. Ever seen a properly mangy stray dog? Now that's nasty.

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
uh ok.. glad i did some reasearch i did find one place that sells all kinds of weird stuff, even harvester ants for my lizzards..but roaches are expensive i think ill wait till summer and find some of those cool big flying grasshoppers.

bluegootty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
roaches might be more expansive than crickets... but if u keep em right..by providing heats and foods and some veggie.. they reproduce way more than crickets does..so that mean u never have to buy food for ur T's again.....:clap:

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
uh ok.. glad i did some reasearch i did find one place that sells all kinds of weird stuff, even harvester ants for my lizzards..but roaches are expensive i think ill wait till summer and find some of those cool big flying grasshoppers.
Roaches are initially expensive, depending on the species and how many you buy. Once your colony gets rolling, it literally costs pennies a week to feed them. You should also know there are many inherent risks to feeding wild caught food items, which I am assuming you are planning with the grasshoppers. These include disease, parasites, and pesticides. If you are looking for some roach breeders, there are many on the Classifieds page.

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i feed my beasts dubias allday. the larger ones get a anole every couple of months or so but there fine on roaches.

i threw a cricket to my adult singapore blue, turned around and she threw it back at me!