Want To By a Snake...

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it's lllreptile.com, not lllreptiles.com.

darkpredator said:
I know how to spell just fine! I through in as many capitals as possibble just for your amusement.

I also like to spelll Tbhings Wrong For the Hell of it
Good one! :wall:

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Oh and BTW, The Only Reason I said I want Kindness in a snake Is Because If I said I like Watching Mice get Swallowed alive, Twice as Many People would Reply Saying " You Sick PErson" ....
This makes no sense.

For those of you regard me as a little punk ass Kid who wants a Snake to impress his friends and is getting it with no respect of animals? you gotta be Kidding me!
The only one responsible for how you come across is yourself.

Dark

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This will be my last post for this thread because cleary some people want to keep fighting with me for the hell of it. I have realized now that asking the Boards for help now adays are not as helpful as they use to be, Infact people rather point out other peoples errors and mistakes then actually attempt to help them.

and for the Snake I will be getting, A Columbian Red Tailed Boa, and I will be Going to a Reptile Show and Try to get a good price,

You know, I use to look to these forums for guidence and would always do research here before I ever bought a pet, but now with some of the responces I am getting just because you find out I am 16 is pretty lame. :(

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would just like to say pleeeaaaase re-read my post. Are you going to college? Do you have a plan for how/where you're going to take care of it? There are lots of little things you need to think about. I may sound paranoid just because those are the types of things *I* didn't think about enough. I work at a pet store and I cringe selling reptiles to teenage kids, even with their parents, because most of the time they don't think that far ahead. But like I said if you think you've got things figured out then go for it!

Good idea to go to a show, you'll likely find some better deals there.

Sequin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Since My Ferrets didn't work out (had to return them) and almost all my other pets find a way to get under my skin.
What is going to make a snake any different? A pet isn't disposable merchandise, they are a life long commitment.

The one Corn snake and the One ring neck snake don't really count because ... and neither of them were very exciting
I been Thinking and I decided I want a snake that gets massive or atleast gets relatively big
You think a ball or boa are going to be anymore entertaining? I have both snakes and they are FAR from "exciting." They move MAYBE once a week, at very late hours. Generally, a healthy snake is an inactive snake.

So far I have seen several snakes I have my eye on, First the classic Ball Python
Ball pythons are notorious for fasting 5-6 months at a time (mine is no exception), which I promise will "get under your skin." Wasting a hundred dollars on rats is enough to make anyone frusterated, but by the sounds of it, you handle this frusteration by selling them.

So I also been looking into a Columbian Red Tailed Boa,
Do you realize how powerful an adult boa is? Do you truly understand how unpredictable a snake can be? I can tell you from experience, a PO adult boa is not childsplay.

I am just wondering what you all think is a good snake to have.
If you are looking for an entertaining animal, get a dog. By the sounds of it, you own animals for all the wrong reasons. Selling your pets/ returning them to the petstore when you are "tired" of them, is not being a responsible keeper. Maybe you need to reevaluate your reasons for purchasing animals.;)

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A large boa or python is not, in my opinion, an appropriate first snake.

Potemkin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A large boa or python is not, in my opinion, an appropriate first snake.
Question: I got a JCP as my first snake, did I make a mistake? I'm taking care of a crestie and a leopard gecko already, and I had a ribbon snake as a kid, so I'm not completely inexperienced. The JCP is currently 16" long and cute as a doll. It's already feeding on rats too :clap:

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The advise i gave had nothing to do with your age. It is the same advice i would give anyone thats starting out.

mindlessvw

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey Potemkin: I keep a jungle as well and I think they re ok beginner snakes if you do your research...They don't get so massive that they cannot be controlled but mine is quite snappy!!! And they can leave a nasty bit but just make sure you do your research and you will be fine!

Arocknid

Arachnopeon
First off, your inability to use English correctly is depressing especially when so many other Americans are able to speak it damn well.

Apologies for my front-offishness but you definitely don't sound responsible enough to look after a snake if...all your other animals 'get under your skin,' and you allowed a snake to escape...and gave away another snake, most snakes exhibit similar behavior unless bothered so I don't think you're going to find what you're looking for.
As for owning a JCP and not wanting something arboreal...good luck...it is of the Morelia genus which as you may know includes the GTP, I keep carpet pythons and they are all have fairly arboreal tendencies.
You make want a scrub python, these look similar but are terrestrial and a little more fossorial (obviously).

psssh.

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Question: I got a JCP as my first snake, did I make a mistake? I'm taking care of a crestie and a leopard gecko already, and I had a ribbon snake as a kid, so I'm not completely inexperienced. The JCP is currently 16" long and cute as a doll. It's already feeding on rats too :clap:
I dont know. I would think that if it's only 16" long now, then by the time it gets large, you'll have had time to get experience with it.

Potemkin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey Potemkin: I keep a jungle as well and I think they re ok beginner snakes if you do your research...They don't get so massive that they cannot be controlled but mine is quite snappy!!! And they can leave a nasty bit but just make sure you do your research and you will be fine!
I dont know. I would think that if it's only 16" long now, then by the time it gets large, you'll have had time to get experience with it.
Yeah, that was what I was thinking as well. I'm holding the little guy right now, he hasn't given me a threat response or anything. He's fine just chillin. Mindless, I did a lot of research. Actuslly I've been researching snakes for a year before I decided to get one and I finally decided on JCPs because I knew that if I got anything else I'd have to buy one.

And the girlfriend said one snake limit so here I am {D

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And the girlfriend said one snake limit so here I am {D[/QUOTE]

I say do away with her and you can have all the snakes you want... but then again a girlfriend can do thing for you that a snake could never do lol

Dark

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
To answer all of your responses, even though I said previously I wasn't,

Here we go...

1.Yes I thought about College
2. I don't care whether or not you like how I speak
3. As for Responsibility? I only returned the Ferrets because they Destroyed my House
4. Why is a snake any different? Listen, Why did you want a snake?? is it so Odd that I want one? List reason you wanted your snake to yourself and maybe some of those apply to me.

I want a snake because they are simple, and I am probably going to just get a copper head, or maybe a Gaboon viper, you know what Why not just get a rattle snake, or an alligator.

I am not a moron I am just kidding about getting the hot snakes above.

5. I read all your replies, and I know what the deal is. If I get a snake and I am going to Colledge, Its just ONE snake... I will tell my parents how to feed it, they are smart they can do it.

and BTW I don't mind pissing away all my cash on Rats as long as my Snake eats it, And I am Fully Aware that Snakes go on Hunger Strikes, I have done a lot of research, This would have been added to my research because I asked you guys for help, but instead you talk to me like a little kid who just buys things for the hell of it.

6. Whomever thought I was against arboreal snakes, If you really READ what I said in my first post, I said

And all the Arboreal snakes are completely out of the question on price.
Which means I would LOVE an Arboreal, but they are TOO expensive. To be honest I wouldn't mind having one of those Green Snakes that Curl around a bamboo Stick in the middle of a Foggy Tropical Tank, but the prices i've seen are rediculous.

7. Thread Closed

Last edited:

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
To answer all of your responses, even though I said previously I wasn't,

Here we go...

1.Yes I thought about College
2. I don't care whether or not you like how I speak
3. As for Responsibility? I only returned the Ferrets because they Destroyed my House
4. Why is a snake any different? Listen, Why did you want a snake?? is it so Odd that I want one? List reason you wanted your snake to yourself and maybe some of those apply to me.

I want a snake because they are simple, and I am probably going to just get a copper head, or maybe a Gaboon viper, you know what Why not just get a rattle snake, or an alligator.

I am not a moron I am just kidding about getting the hot snakes above.

5. I read all your replies, and I know what the deal is. If I get a snake and I am going to Colledge, Its just ONE snake... I will tell my parents how to feed it, they are smart they can do it.

and BTW I don't mind pissing away all my cash on Rats as long as my Snake eats it, And I am Fully Aware that Snakes go on Hunger Strikes, I have done a lot of research, This would have been added to my research because I asked you guys for help, but instead you talk to me like a little kid who just buys things for the hell of it.

6. Whomever thought I was against arboreal snakes, If you really READ what I said in my first post, I said

Which means I would LOVE an Arboreal, but they are TOO expensive. To be honest I wouldn't mind having one of those Green Snakes that Curl around a bamboo Stick in the middle of a Foggy Tropical Tank, but the prices i've seen are rediculous.

7. Thread Closed
<Edited personal attack -MrI>

Last edited by a moderator:

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
<Edited personal attack -MrI>
Man you don't know him you can't tell him what to do :cool:

If I get a snake and I am going to Colledge, Its just ONE snake... I will tell my parents how to feed it, they are smart they can do it.
Have you told them yet? I'm sure they'll be thrilled to be left with one of your responsibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:

rm90

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Then I guess you don't do your research most of the time when you buy your pets. On many Ferret Care Sheets it says these animals LOVE to chew on things. Just because its a house doesn't mean they won't CHEW on it.

I have 3 chinchillas. They destroyed hundreds of dollars in my bathroom from baseboards to the wall. Uhmm, I didn't just give up on them and give them away or back to the store. I knew what I was getting in to before I bought them. I knew they love to chew. I took the chance of letting them chew on my walls, and they did. So, I went out and built a playpen for them and it put in my basement were they now play instead of "around the house"

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Man you don't know him you can't tell him what to do :cool:
I'm not trying to tell him what to do, Just stating the fact that by trying to defend his self all he is doing is making his self seem more like a punk ass little kid. if he would just calm down and stop paying any attention to the people that are "attacking" him, then he would have no problems and we could moe on. maybe i should of said that in the first place, i never said i was a dumb @#$% lol.

Last edited: