Wall of Fame

Windycity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I started pinning my larger molts above the desk in my spider room a few months ago. Nice wall paper don’t you think?

Attachments

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
very nice. once mine grow bigger i just might try that. did u wet them to adjust them?

mike

Windycity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Longbord1 said:
very nice. once mine grow bigger i just might try that. did u wet them to adjust them?

mike
Yeah, I sexed most of them so some of them needed a few drops of soapy water. If you take them out the day of the molt they are usually still pretty plyable. Just position the legs and then let them dry out for another day.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that is a realy good ideal. when i get more molts i will do the same, thanks for the pic.

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
wont they rot and/or fall apart if you dont coat them with something? and if you do, what do you use b/c my 5" L.parahybana will molt soon and id like to keep it :)

Arachnogeek

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Looks cool, but I would never be able to do that. My cat would think that they have been hung up for his entertainment. :D

Dan

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice lookin' wall there! Only one question: don't you have a problem with the urticating hairs on the molted skins? I sometimes have some skins lying around on my desk, and when I was cleaning my desk last time my hands itched like crazy...

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
i was wondering the same thing...looks damn cool though :D

and wonder how long the cat would play with one before the hairs get to it...semi-serious question

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I thought about the hairs and damage if touched... I thought a really big Riker mount for insects collecting, These have a white soft non-pinning back and then the top has a clear viewing area framed in black. It would do the wall of fame very well and keep them safe and you could have many blocks in the wall

Windycity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ArachnoJoost said:
Very nice lookin' wall there! Only one question: don't you have a problem with the urticating hairs on the molted skins? I sometimes have some skins lying around on my desk, and when I was cleaning my desk last time my hands itched like crazy...
I think I’m lucky that I’m not especially sensitive to urticating hairs. But then again, I only have two legged blondi’s in the house <grin>. I’ve sometimes gotten a small reaction when handling the sheds but once on the wall I think they are fairly stable.

I may have to retract that statement however when the rest of the wall is occupied.

I would guess hair spray could be used as a fixative if you are overly sensitive.

Stealth Taco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice looking molts! Though it kind of gives me a weird reminder of silence of the lambs and the skin suit...