Vinegaroon thoughts and advice!

Khanti

Arachnopeon
What do you prefer? I prefer females, because of the bigger abdomen, and when your vinegaroon its inside its new enclosure it might start trying to climb the walls/glass, you might get a good picture if it does that, i need to see the bottom of the abdomen to try to accurately sex it, like this
I prefer females solely for the fact that I am better at picking out female names lol. Plus I am used to female inverts typically living longer and growing bigger though I'm not aware if this is the case for vinegaroons.

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
I prefer females solely for the fact that I am better at picking out female names lol. Plus I am used to female inverts typically living longer and growing bigger though I'm not aware if this is the case for vinegaroons.
Living longer i dont know, but its probably like that due to the fact that this tends to be true for arachnids, and they are definetly bigger than males, and i also pick better female names lol. My T's name is bella and my vinegaroon is Jade. My next T will be called ava

Khanti

Arachnopeon
Living longer i dont know, but its probably like that due to the fact that this tends to be true for arachnids, and they are definetly bigger than males, and i also pick better female names lol. My T's name is bella and my vinegaroon is Jade. My next T will be called ava
Those are really pretty names! I was thinking of naming mine Iyana if it's a female. If it's a male then it will probably be unnamed for a while lol

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
Those are really pretty names! I was thinking of naming mine Iyana if it's a female. If it's a male then it will probably be unnamed for a while lol
Thank you! I took me a while to come up with them lol and thats a pretty name, so hopefully you get a female
My vinegaroon its been in the same position for a while, which is weird for her, im dying to reach in there to confirm she's ok, but i know that if i do it she is gonna turn around like "Dude, what the heck?" Lol

Khanti

Arachnopeon
Thank you! I took me a while to come up with them lol and thats a pretty name, so hopefully you get a female
My vinegaroon its been in the same position for a while, which is weird for her, im dying to reach in there to confirm she's ok, but i know that if i do it she is gonna turn around like "Dude, what the heck?" Lol
Lol maybe she is just deep in thought? Uhg all this vinegaroon chatting has me so excited! I can't wait for tomorrow!

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
Lol maybe she is just deep in thought? Uhg all this vinegaroon chatting has me so excited! I can't wait for tomorrow!
Nevermind, she moved and i feel dumb now lol im an overprotective keeper, and im actually excited for you! I cant wait to see your vinegaroon, you have to post a picture tomorrow, Im dying to see it

Khanti

Arachnopeon
Nevermind, she moved and i feel dumb now lol im an overprotective keeper, and im actually excited for you! I cant wait to see your vinegaroon, you have to post a picture tomorrow, Im dying to see it
Haha don't worry I am the same with all my pets. I have to use so much restraint to keep myself from pestering all of them to making sure they are doing fine. And yeah I'll be taking a lot of pictures I'm sure! I've got an instagram request to take video as well so maybe I can try and get that on here as well.

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
Haha don't worry I am the same with all my pets. I have to use so much restraint to keep myself from pestering all of them to making sure they are doing fine. And yeah I'll be taking a lot of pictures I'm sure! I've got an instagram request to take video as well so maybe I can try and get that on here as well.
That would be awesome, I have so many videos lol my gallery is full of videos of my pets eating, making webs, digging (thats my Vinegaroon, she loves to make a mess) and many other things

Khanti

Arachnopeon
That would be awesome, I have so many videos lol my gallery is full of videos of my pets eating, making webs, digging (thats my Vinegaroon, she loves to make a mess) and many other things
I definitly need to take more video lol. I missed a nice video opportunity when I fed my scorpion. She is usually a lazy eater but today she was like a little monster once I threw the cricket in there!

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
I definitly need to take more video lol. I missed a nice video opportunity when I fed my scorpion. She is usually a lazy eater but today she was like a little monster once I threw the cricket in there!
Same thing happened last time i fed my vinegaroon, i thought she wasnt gonna take the cricket so i didnt record

nuck

Arachnopeon
We found tons of them in AZ but they were all in a grassy field under just about any rock.

When you lifted a rock there would be a body width tunnel leading to a bit larger cavity under the center of the rock with a beautiful mastigoproctus giganteus looking up at you.
SORRY FOR NECRO

but..

Dude, where in the hell in AZ do you live because in the past 20 years I have lived here, I have NEVER encountered these... Just bought my second one from Custom Creatures (accidentally squished my first one, which I preferred a lot more because my new girl is super skittish), and it's my first time viewing these beautiful creatures in person.