Very concerned with molt so far, not sure what to do...

Julesbugs

Arachnopeon
My little E. camp sling (about 1") has been showing signs of an approaching molt (namely, getting darker) for a week or so, however she did not once refuse a meal, so I figured she still had some time left. I checked in on my T's this evening and all was well. I went up about 2 1/2 hours later, and little one is on her back, but not flat. She's leaning up against a wall of steep substrate she moved around, so it looks like she is in a recliner chair with her prosoma leaned against the substrate-her body is stiff though, not bent in the middle or anything. Her cage is humid, but she really isn't moving. I've seen some faint leg movements, but not much, and I am worried about her. I don't know if she had just flipped when I saw her or what the deal was but is it normal for a sling to ever take a long time in the beginning of their molt? The last thing I want to do is disturb her in any way, but would it be better to gently shift her so she is lying flat? I hope I made sense... I have a special fondness for this sling in particular :unhappy:

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She's fine. Don't touch her. It's perfectly normal and she knows what she's doing. Sometimes they even molt right side up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

NGLepine

Arachnosquire
My LP/LD rest back against her tub wall to molt... Kinda like a lazy-boy recliner!! Pretty cute

Julesbugs

Arachnopeon
Yup I totally jumped the gun on being nervous there. Just got to watch her make her way out smoothly, it just took her a little longer in the beginning. Sometimes it's easy to forget that they've been doing this for millions of years before we humans came to fret over them :)

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Yup I totally jumped the gun on being nervous there. Just got to watch her make her way out smoothly, it just took her a little longer in the beginning. Sometimes it's easy to forget that they've been doing this for millions of years before we humans came to fret over them :)
Ah yes. They can handle things on their own. Our job is to give them as natural conditions as possible so that they can do what their instinct tells them to.

tony119

Arachnopeon
Number 1 rule: Never disturb a T for whatever reason unless it's an emergency.

Your T is doing fine, as they say, they know what it is doing. :)
Sling molt process is quick. Compared to Juvis~onwards. :)

Just relax,get also a reclining chair to see what it does. hehe :D