Versicolor upside down and unresponsive

Dark241993

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My versicolor has created a very big complex of webs around the past week. i woke up today to find her upsidedown hanging from one of the webs that must have been put up there just last night. she isnt very responsive, if at all to slight taps to the side of the cage. though when i did open the cage slightly she moved her foot from the lid though i dont know if that was me just poping the lid slightly or by her own will. i cant take any pictures or upload them right now since i have to leave for exams but i wanted to drop a post quickly. she hasnt eaten in the past week or two. Shes about an inch, and im worried because of the avic sling deaths. she might just b molting but i would like someone elses opinion. oh and shes not scrunched up.

pearldrummer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sounds like premolt to me.

My versicolor has created a very big complex of webs around the past week. i woke up today to find her upsidedown hanging from one of the webs that must have been put up there just last night. she isnt very responsive, if at all to slight taps to the side of the cage. though when i did open the cage slightly she moved her foot from the lid though i dont know if that was me just poping the lid slightly or by her own will. i cant take any pictures or upload them right now since i have to leave for exams but i wanted to drop a post quickly. she hasnt eaten in the past week or two. Shes about an inch, and im worried because of the avic sling deaths. she might just b molting but i would like someone elses opinion. oh and shes not scrunched up.

Dark241993

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
she is alive, ik that for sure, shes moving her front two legs slightly. thanks for the quick response

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nearly 100% sure the T is going to molt. With my Avics, I can generally tell if they're about to molt based on how much webbing they've been doing.

pearldrummer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yup mine always web up the enclosure a couple of weeks before hand.

Nearly 100% sure the T is going to molt. With my Avics, I can generally tell if they're about to molt based on how much webbing they've been doing.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
+1 to exidycis (molting. And yes I did use the technical term just to look smarter :D. I probably spelled it wrong though.)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I agree with the above. She is almost certainly going to molt any second now. Just leave her alone, make sure her humidity is right and let her do her thing. Wait at least a week after the molt to offer any food and remove any prey items that might be in the tank.

saltyscissors

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
+1 to exidycis (molting. And yes I did use the technical term just to look smarter :D. I probably spelled it wrong though.)
Yeah, it's spelt ecdysis. I had to learn how to spell that though, I always end up typing edycis, edyciscis or edysicsis. Have a beamish day, and try not to be uffish. It's been rather tulgey lately.:)

Dark241993

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i just came back from exams, she did molt while i was gone =( luckly though i do get to see this really cool blue from a new molt. i was in florida last time and missed the whole thing. pics will b up soon!

Miami Cracker

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
they get more and more beautiful as they grow and their colors change with every molt mine molted last night and now she is about 7 inches and WOW those colors are amazing ...well :clap:congrats on your little one getting bigger and good luck , may she live a long and happy life:D

Kaimetsu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys i have two A versicolor molt question but i don't want to start a new thread over two simple questions. My half inch versicolor sling just molted overnight and i was wondering, how long should i wait before i offer it food? Also the molt is stuck in his hard to get into web, should i goto alot of effort to get the molt out right away or is it better to wait a while so i don't stress it out so soon after having molted?

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you should probably wait about a week before offering food. As for the molt, go ahead and leave it in there. If your versi doesn't want it in its web anymore, s/he push it out.

Steveyruss

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yup. Grats on the premoult. My juvie a.versi is doing the same right now, I can barely see her unless I shine a powerful torch in there and she looks stone cold :D