Versi accident

burnsj22

Arachnopeon
So idk what possessed my cat today since we've always had terrariums of Ts and reptiles of various sizes and he has never disturbed them before but today my versi sling was knocked off of a shelf. The container remained closed so she must be in there but the substrate is everywhere and I can't see her... it's been a few hours and I know she she isn't in her web. I'm worried about whether or not she's ok so I'm wondering if I should open the container and gently remove the decor and resettle the substrate to locate her but I don't want to add additional stress to her if she's just hiding. What do you guys think?

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
I’m assuming u mean the substrate was everywhere in the enclosure lol? If so and the lid was never off like u said then it’s fine and still in there. It’ll eventually make itself present. Some people have gone months without seeing their ts

cold blood

Staff member
Yes, pull everything out...make sure the t is ok, then re-set up the enclosure.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I’m assuming u mean the substrate was everywhere in the enclosure lol? If so and the lid was never off like u said then it’s fine and still in there. It’ll eventually make itself present. Some people have gone months without seeing their ts
Sorry, but to be clear, that is very bad advice. As has been said, the spider can be pinned under debris and unable to get out. It's impossible for you to say with confidence that the spider is fine. "Going months" without seeing a spider has nothing to do with this question - an enclosure was dropped. We're not talking about a burrower in premolt here, we're talking about a potentially injured spider.

Mojo288

Arachnoknight
Really have to disagree with you there but your profile pic is the best man!! cracked me up.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpaceM

Arachnosquire
Really hope your T's ok, please update when you've managed to find it.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
So idk what possessed my cat today since we've always had terrariums of Ts and reptiles of various sizes and he has never disturbed them before but today my versi sling was knocked off of a shelf
This exact same thing happened with one of my B. albiceps slings. It fell about 3 feet and was fine. That being said the only thing in the enclosure besides substrate was a small piece of cork bark.