Usambara Death

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all,

I went into my spider room today to check on everything as well as feed + water them. I saw my small, 2.5-3" usambara out in the open, which was unusual because it usually goes ape <edit> when i so much as walk near it's container. On closer inspection, some of the little guy's legs were partially curled underneath it and its already small abdomen was flat. It is for sure dead, as i could drop a droplet of water on it and tap the cage with zero reaction. A small cricket is still alive in the container, so food was available. It has molted 3 times since I got it, and never developed much of a plump abdomen. So for some reason it is dead, dispite having food available. It has never had an empty water dish for more than a day, but even then food is always available which is full of luquids. It had a nice web nest among the cork bark half under half above ground and seemed content. It is a mystery to me why my hardiest tarantula has died, but nothing I can really do I guess except try get another when I can afford it!

Let me know if you know of any reasons it may of died.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Mark, I didnt think you were still around these parts. Sorry to hear about your spider. Gary at Tanks A Lot in Calgary has one for sale at about the same size. I moved here two months ago and so far that store has blwn my mind. I am sure you have been there already.

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
sad to hear about ur T .. could it be mould ?

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Jacen - I don't think I've been there, where is it?

Also I don't think it was mould because the tank was generally very dry with the exception of a water dish.

Mark