US Postal Office lost a F.M. P. Metallica

ccamaleon3000

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i buy this new P. Metallica female from UrbanJungles (Manny) and he send the tarantura overnight all the transaction when nice but when u go to the postal office web page to track the box

it past 5 day and no news. me and manny we trying to contact the guy's on the postal office and we call, when manny Call the first time they say because i file the investigation im the one can ask about it or have the info and when i call them they say that he is the one send the packet of the box he have to check in his office i have a bad feeling that they lost the box it happen whit me one time whit my ball pythons they lost it and i have to refund the money to the buyer i hope they can find the box for the good of my female
:wall:

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am sorry to hear that. My recent experiences with them have been o.k., but they have never delivered it when it was stamped "delivered". They always say they deliver it at 8:30am at the old place, and I would get it at 4pm if I was lucky. But at least I got mine. I don't have any advice, but good luck!

Hilikus311

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow this happened w/ my Blue Fang they (post office not person i ordered it from) sent it 400 miles away so yeah i know what your going through but a P. metallica? darn man that sucks hope everything turns out well for you and your T

Last edited:

Beneath

Arachnopeon
Wow! I hope they find that package in time.
Hopefully he won't have the luck I had. UPS never found mine. Been over a month now. Constantly call and threaten to protest etc. Just bother them. They have it somewhere. Ken(thebugguy) had to call them to put a tracer on it. The total package cost(contents etc) was refunded though. Heres the thread. Good luck!

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Being an adult and the temperature being decent this time of year (here anyway) there is still a good chance that she's okay. I really hope she's fine.

ccamaleon3000

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Danny and me we trying the best we can but if us postal office lost the box is nothing we can do i just hope they find it for the best of my female and thanks guy's for all the comment's the 3 day i was feeling ok but now im really worried

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
USPS sucks so bad. It's worth paying the extra dough for fedex or usps, in my opinion. I just lost a birthday girl recently though usps. Weak.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
USPS sucks so bad. It's worth paying the extra dough for fedex or usps, in my opinion. I just lost a birthday girl recently though usps. Weak.
Fedex missed their AM delivery time today by 6 hours resulting in two boxes of dead crickets. Last month UPS routed my box incorrectly and it ended up in Tx instead of OR. It's going to happen with every service every now and then. Just sucks it had to happen with this one!
I hope they find it soon and I hope it makes it ok!

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Happened to me as well. The frustrating part was the fact that UPS was soo close to the destination, and then, for some odd reason, just decided to take it a number of miles away, and out of the state. They were about 4 hours late.At least my critter arrived in good condition. Guess it was the good packing job that saved him. I guess the only way of 100% guaranteeing safety is purchasing the goods in person at Expos.

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Crazy. Perhaps it just got onto the wrong truck. I hope this gets resolved and you can have a new addition to your collection, as planned.

Envyizm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm sorry this is happening with your gooty. I had a similar thing happen to me with a p. irmina, L. violaceopes and H. maculata i had shipped to me about a year and a half ago. They were all spiderlings "finding out later that my lampropelma and psalmopoeus were female" were lost in the mail for 6 days before they found them and this was in the fall when the weather was getting pretty chilly. At the end of day 6 i get a call from usps saying it had been in their central shipping facility that was like 2 miles from my house the whole time because someone forgot to scan the package in. I got the babies and due to some strange act of god they were still living. I hope you will be able to get back on here in the next few days and repost saying they found your package.

Steven.WK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that. Usually if they lose a package it'll take them a day or two to reroute it. But 5 days that's a very long time and without even the rerouting info. But like others said since it's an adult it's got a good chance to survive if the box is intact and the weather being so nice.

Just curious will USPS or any of the shipping companies refund the value of the package if it was lost? I think it's a gray area with USPS and shipping arachnids. I see many stores list UPS as a legal way to ship Ts but it's clearly stated on their web site that it's prohibited.

Link

upwith inverts!

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I once lost a $99 dollar pine tree in the USPS. They thought someone stole it, and I still havent got it 1 year 8 months later. Shudder