Unusual T found at my work

jukahman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow!!! luckily u found the tarantula. if it was someone else they might have killed it. congrats!!:clap:

RoseT

Arachnosquire
I'm having a really hard time believing you found this specimen in your area, hope you aren't pulling our hairs :) I mean the T looks way too good in shape, health, not that it is impossible, but the chances aren't a bit interesting. Hmmmmm :scratching head:

Otherwise, what an amazing find....

Apollo Justice

Arachnoknight
No hair pulling here. To be honest I've never like OBTs, too aggressive I was a little shocked myself when I got up close to it. I was a little shocked on it's shape too. Although the pic does make her abdomen look bigger than it is. It was pretty thirsty too I put a large cap filled with water and it was on it like flys on poop. I'm gonna see if it hungry tomorrow. I sure she'll offer the roach a big hug like she did to me when we first met.

RB40

Arachnopeon
That's cool, what an amazing find. The only thing that comes close to that for me was I was at work one night, and I went out to smoke one, and looked down, and found a nice 2" red centipede, but they are here in the eastern US. It's not like I found a pede from another country though. Good luck with him or her.

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, what are the odds? Someone abandons an OBT in an industrial area and the person to find it not only knows what it is but is a tarantula enthusiast. So awesome!

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wish someone would leave a tarantula outside of my work; or a rainbow boa...or green tree python or woma python or tree monitor... {D

She's lucky she was caught by a T keeper and not by an ignorant kid with a camera to record him killing it.

rockrox1

Arachnosquire
wow... is it luck or fate??? haha. maybe both. the T looks healthy though. its a really interesting thread. :worship:

Bumblingbear

Arachnopeon
I wish someone would leave a tarantula outside of my work; or a rainbow boa...or green tree python or woma python or tree monitor... {D

She's lucky she was caught by a T keeper and not by an ignorant kid with a camera to record him killing it.
If it were a kid and they weren't careful, that OBT probably would have sent them to the hospital.

It's good for the spider and good for the metaphorical kid that the OP found it.

Krissy K

Arachnopeon
i wish i could find that size OBT!!! i love OBTs!!!

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

and it's abdomen might have been small from being dehydrated? could that be possible?

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

but anyways... lucky and i hope you decide to keep it!

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Congrats on a successful capture. I have catch cups in my car. And a horse halter, and spare rope... driving through the country I have rescued more than one loose horse, turtle, snake and tarantula over the years. Not a non-native T, though.

However, we all know things escape all the time. Imagine down here in the southern states (TX, OK, etc) where we have had terrible tornadoes. One house down, one or two survivors of collections on the lam.

There are house fires in CA, some people might have grabbed up anything they could, and a dropped cage, or a loose critter in a packing box... the possibilities are not that farfetched.

Marga

BlackVenom

Arachnopeon
the possibilities are not that farfetched.

Marga
Funny{D

Right next time you find a obt randomly wandering around your neighborhood and you happen to catch it, let me know:cool:

If this story is true the OP needs to go get a lotto ticket and ask Natalie Portman out on a date.

axbrown

Arachnopeon
was it kathy's? :p

lol jk.

Those are one of those T's you dont want being introduced to AZ, IMO.
Hahaha, thats exactly what I was thinking! :D I can't believe it, I wish I could find T's wandering around my part of Georgia.. Lol

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Funny{D

Right next time you find a obt randomly wandering around your neighborhood and you happen to catch it, let me know:cool:

Seriously, stranger things HAVE happened. I'm not kidding about collections being released after storms or even burglaries. Ever walked through the wreckage left by a tornado? I have.

I've fed mice to a wild baby owl until it could fly, photographed a Dobson fly attempting to mate with a bird (since the pincers are used only at mating time, according to scientists), found a bat on a sidewalk in the big city, and found several snakes that were not native species where they were captured.

Marga

Apollo Justice

Arachnoknight
The OBT is not the first non native animal ive found before I found and captured a 13ft burmese python when I owned my own exotic animal removal service in Ojai Ca so I guess I could say I was more shocked to see an OBT than surprised.

Btw it's doing great eating like a champ. Although when doesn't an OBT. Lol

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Funny{D

If this story is true the OP needs to go get a lotto ticket and ask Natalie Portman out on a date.
I did both after you suggested. And let's just say I lost. Lol