Unsuccessful Moult

Simon83

Arachnosquire
My avic.versicolour sling moulted last week but unfortunately it did not go well. He moulted upright and couldn't finish getting one of his legs out. As a result he has the exoskeleton attached to him with half his leg in it. Naturally arachnoboards was down so I didn't know what to do...google did not throw out any helpful suggestions. He is simply way too small to be able to careuflly cut out most of the exoskeleton. He hasn't discarded his stuck leg and I'm at a loss of what to do. He seems perfectly healthy otherwise, walking round and running around like a mad thing when I got him out to check on him. I made the stupid mistake of having him high up on my hand and he fell to the floor twice, about 3/4 feet high and is still walking around. He's a bit of a trooper. But I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to help apart from misting his enclosure...or is it simply a case of waiting for him to die?

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
just let him deal with it in its own way. if it start to bother him he will discard that leg

EightLeggedFreaks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's an arboreal. They can take longer falls than terrestrial and avid burrowers. So I wouldn't be overly worried about that. so does he have his whole molt stuck onto one leg? If that's the case just cut the molt so it's less of a big deal, without cutting his leg that is. :p

Jared781

Arachnobaron
In the past i used a tiny damp paintbrush to gently remove the specimen

Simon83

Arachnosquire
Sorry for the very delayed response! Thanks for the replies :-D because of how small he is it's impossible to get an accurate cut of the moult and I would be worried I'd cut into his leg. Right now he is still alive...moving around and seems very normal. However he is *still* not eating...he is still afraid of live food and doesn't seem to feast on any dead prey I put inside.