ummm....poke...poke...poke...

ChainsawMonkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm moderately experienced with the whole scorpion hobby, but I'm really confused about this. I'm unsure whether or not they've enhanced the photo or what, but this one website, Botar by Eights, they've got this pic of a B. jacksoni, but with this incredible blood-red coloration. The other sites I've seen only have these drab orange-ish rusty colored B. jax. Can anyone elaborate? Because I know next to nothing about this sp.

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You need to post a link. Cant tell what Picture you are talking about. I do know that All Of Botar's Photos are taken by Randy Salvage.(Neoscales on AB)

ChainsawMonkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that's the one, i thought it was. it might be enhanced just to get more sales or something...but then again, once a person was to recieve the specimen, they might be sadly disappointed...oh well.

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No. I'm sure Randy Salvage does not Photoshop his pictures. He is a professional photographer. I am sure he just knows how to make things appear at their best.

ChainsawMonkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He may not photoshop, but someone's going to be disappointed if they order the animal expecting to recieve THAT and end up getting a little drab orange thing.

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've heard rumors of such shoppage a while back. Mine are quite blood red but they are not from him. Look for a load of babies in a month or so from me :) Nothing close to those patterns. Some photographers are just plain amazing at hitting it and getting that money shot :)

ChainsawMonkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've just never encountered any of that particular hue. I don't doubt their existence, in fact I hope they do get that red, and I'd love to see yours, but the only B. jax I've ever seen in person have been a drab rusty orange color.Just saying. I want a scorp that red, I mean, that's BEAUTIFUL!

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The photo might have been taken right after a molt. My I4's looked almost as bright as that, they are a bit drab now, and the mother is a dull rust colour, so colour can vary.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That does look more red than pics I've seen. I only recently found out they can vary in color. Here are a couple I got from a cool couple here in Tex. They are growing fast.

Tim R.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The photo might have been taken right after a molt.
Agreed, i had a few clutches and when they were fresh out of molt and especialy young they looked real nice and crisp, just like that.

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
He's stated somewhere that he did mess with the contrast a bit, or so I read. Never looked for it myself.

I love mine, they look tremendous in the right lighting.

Here's my babies

This is one of the females that matured out of that brood, she might have one more molt in her though, we'll see in a couple months.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
All those babies look pretty cool. It wouldn't take much to redden a 1st instar to make a pic look like that. I bet he turned up the red a little.

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah I love seeing all of them piled up on top of each other. There's 3-4 more under there you can't even see. I like to leave them together for a while after taking them away from mom. Kinda like puppies, might learn things from each other make mistakes and successes.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you click on the photo of that scorpion to get a larger view on Botar's website you get a photo that is very different than the thumbnail....

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I believe it says the first pic is a baby, second is an adult. I haven't been there in awhile but it should still be the case.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
B. jacks become dull-colored as they mature. So the first picture must be a recently molted juvenile.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
as people said, thats a professional picture....good pictures can bring out what most cameras or eyes dont always see.

yuanti

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The small photo is stated to be a baby while the larger photo that is revealed when the small photo is clicked on is an adult. As stated in the description on Botar's website. Many of the photo's that Randy took really bring out the colors in the subjects, probably due to great lighting, staging, high quality film, great camera and talent. Anyone can take a picture, but with artistic talent that same picture can really look incredible, which is what Randy does. Check out the other work displayed at savagedigital.com