Tweezers/Tongs - Help!!

blckwidow75

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does anyone know where I might purchase a pair of these - at least 3" or longer? Would Wal-mart or a place like that carry them? I need them kinda quick since I am getting my C. Fimbriatus on Tuesday. I am reeeally nervous as I haven't dealt with any T's other than NW terrestrials for the past 8 years. I want to try to annoy this tiny guy as little as possible and I think I NEED a pair of these, right? Any OW tips for a newbie? Has anyone been bitten here by this species?

T_DORKUS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
blckwidow75 said:
Does anyone know where I might purchase a pair of these - at least 3" or longer? Would Wal-mart or a place like that carry them? I need them kinda quick since I am getting my C. Fimbriatus on Tuesday. I am reeeally nervous as I haven't dealt with any T's other than NW terrestrials for the past 8 years. I want to try to annoy this tiny guy as little as possible and I think I NEED a pair of these, right? Any OW tips for a newbie? Has anyone been bitten here by this species?
3" tweezers? Isn't that kinda short? If a T were gonna tag you, he'd cover those 3" in a split. Most places like a pharmacy and hobby shops will sell tweezers. What did you plan on using the tweezers/tongs for?

ETA- might also want to look into a long hemostat for some heavier duty stuff like rearranging tank decor, removing water bowls etc.

Last edited:

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do a search on ebay for tweezers. A few people used to sell a set of three tweezers, 8", 10", and 12" I think, for about $10. I found the tweezers I have at a cooking store for about $8. Seems like hobby shops and other places are a bit higher than that.

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think I got the addy right.

Tongs.com ?

I read about it in a Eetile mag one time.They have Snake hooks,tweesers,and long tongs for feeding mice off.

Hope I helped some.:)

Tamara

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you're any good with chopsticks, you can use those in the meantime.

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Go to eBay, that 3 tweezer set is $9.99 and worth it. Just search for tweezers, the guy is a regular dealer there

blckwidow75

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks everybody! Yes, 3" is kinda short - I didn't know just what sizes they came in. Mike Jacobi sent me a PM to let me know he has them and since that is who I am getting my spiders from this time that works out great! :)

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Go to a craft store and look in the handmade jewelry supplies. They are much cheaper than getting them elsewhere. Plus they usually come in a package of 4-5 that are 3" up to 6-8" and have curved ends on some. They come in very handy. I also bought some 14" giant tweezers with rubber tips from my local pet store for those especially nasty Ts.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mendi said:
Go to eBay, that 3 tweezer set is $9.99 and worth it. Just search for tweezers, the guy is a regular dealer there
If its the same person who i think your talking about I got some tweezers from him the 3 set.

T_DORKUS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Diane S said:
Go to a craft store and look in the handmade jewelry supplies. They are much cheaper than getting them elsewhere. Plus they usually come in a package of 4-5 that are 3" up to 6-8" and have curved ends on some. They come in very handy. I also bought some 14" giant tweezers with rubber tips from my local pet store for those especially nasty Ts.
Here's my nasty T tool - 18" Hemostat- but I only have hair flickers to worry about and they're all still very young. :D

Last edited: