T's and Post Office Football.....

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
MizM was kind enough to send her male rosies Lanky to me for a shot at Sunshine and Moonbeam. Faith and Eden's two female G. roseas.

The box arrived, squished on one side and Quite battered.
It looked as if it had gone through a cement mixer full of cinderblocks.

It was hit hard enough that one of the little containers MizM had packed a tiny rosie in. (See post Handling Pictures, yes MizM thats them) was popped open. Thankfuly we were able to find the s'ling.

Unfortunetly though Lanky did not survive the trip. :(

His abdomin was Severely ruptured.

The following pictures are of his damages.

Attachments

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
awww im so sorry mizm
:mad:
i feel ur pain well at least u have slings
mike im so sorry

heyjeyniceid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
dam, sorry those bastards did that. Was it shipped priority or overnight?

NightCrawler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I really brakes my heart to see at T get such an end to it's life...Im so sorry for your lose :(

esmoot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How was the box packed? If it was partially crushed I'm not saying it was the packer fault by BTW. It's not just the USPS that does the rough stuff.

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
When I bought some T's from Kellygirl she did an awesome job of packing. They could have been hit by a train and survived...well maybe not a train but a beer truck for sure!! She packed each spider gently in some moist paper toweling so they were snug but not crammed. They couldn't jostle then thus preventing this type of injury. I am not sure how she put the OBT in it's packageing...she is way braver than me!!

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Poor, poor Lanky... That's such a sad way for such a pretty spider to go... :(

You have my condolences.

Greensleeves

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
That's absolutely horrible!! :(

Have you contacted the company that shipped it? I'd hold them responsable, if it had happened to me, or one of my spiders.

-Bryan

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That's simply heartbreaking to see! Poor thing :mad: Sorry about the loss guys.

It really makes me worry. I hope Hugo makes it here safe and sound Nixy.

Jim B.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Palespider- The deli container I put him in looks like a Very special room in a phsyco ward.. And then some. So hopefuly. We'll know by noon today.

Thanks everyone.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I know why lankys abdo ruptured there. lanky was given to me before you for a breeding attempt with scarlett. Scarlett tagged him on the abdomen in that spot will post more later.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Damnit! :( That upsets me that a beautiful t had to die like that...:mad: And, one of THE most underappreciated ones, IMHO.
I just hope and pray atavuss' delivery gets to him safe and sound. I had my adult female P. scrofa succumb in shipping, to Mendi.
Peace, Light & Eternal Love..
Gillian
)0(

p.s., please make it to Colorado all right, Hugo.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Stop feeling guilty Draken.... it was obviously a hard blow that did it, a bite to the opisthoma had NOTHING to do with THAT rupture.

I think I contributed to the problems though, I usually stuff the containers with enough toilet tissue (soft and cushy) that they CAN'T bang around, but don't think I put enough in his deli cup. Remember how the Lankster tried to escape the last time he was in a deli cup? I'm sure a lot of "cush" wouldn't stop him from getting to those little holes to feel his way out!

BUT, I have a bunch of his kids, Nix has a couple of his kids, and hopefully your Scarlett is preggo, so HIS GENES LIVE ON!!!

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
lol no guilt at all terry was just having a... family discussion at the time and couldn't finish my post lmao... but anyway I was jsut noticing how it was close to where scarlett bit him I wonder if that weakend his structual integ? or something lol

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Mmmmm, possible, but I'd rather blame it on the postal workers than on poor Scarlett!;)

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Slings are far easier to ship and have tham arrive in one piece where larger Ts can be a good bit trickier. You have to really pack the hell out of them so they can't move much at all. ( not saying he wasn't packed right by any means )

This is also one of many reasons I do not like to use the Post Office and will only do so if the buyer understands that I can't be responsible for it going that way. My personal experience with the Post Office has been quite bad as far as things coming to me that way.

Phil