true blue pictures

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Galapoheros said:
Sorry about my ignorance. I'm a little confused. I believe I have the same one Edesign has. I've been thinking it was E. trigonopodus. So the "true blue" at the beginning of the thread is E. trigononpodus. The "blue ring" that Edesign has and I have is .....what? A different scientific name, right?
i think they are both trigo, maybe a locality colormorph or something

i think steven explains it somewhere

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
OK. Hard to imagine this one getting over 6". Hehe, there's nothing to base that comment on, is there... Well, I'm going to put it on a new gut-buster diet. Just kiddin. Sloooww and steady...moderation.

Edit:

"my specimen is about 7" in body length (just under 18cm)...but i see there were three species of Ethmostigmus listed here, I'm not sure which I have (Randolph I think told me E. trigonopodus...but it doesn't have the blue legs shown at the beginning of this thread)
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=46235"

7 inches?! That's pretty big! If you get a tape measure and put it on your hand and take it up your wrist, that would be about how long that one crawling on the arm is on page one, 7" to 8".

Last edited:

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
oh hell...another case of the "shrinking specimen"...I did just break out the tape and it's body length is closer to 5.5" (14cm). I SWEAR i measured it longer than that back when i first got it. lol My mistake...I will edit my post above accordingly.

and by "another case" i mean my N. chromatus...a short while after it's last molt I measured it and it was 5", sure doesn't look like that today. :? I know i'm not that bad with a tape measure...something weird is going on :wall: maybe my tape measure is shrinking!

sorry for any misleading info...

centiMike

Arachnopeon
that is my pretty E. trigo and my ugly face in that picture, indeed
:worship: :worship: Hats off to you Caco :worship: :worship:

Heard that you're gonna handle that Subspinipe subspinipe :razz:

Last edited:

Karmashadowsh

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Blue!

very nice...i just aquired a cent but i heared they were very defensive or agressive and was advised not to try and hold it at all....it eats like mad though4-5 crickets a week

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Karmashadowsh said:
was advised not to try and hold it at all....it eats like mad though4-5 crickets a week

And that's very good advice! Really don't try to hold your pedes unless you enjoy playing a game of risk. There is always a good chance of you being bitten, and you don't know if that's just going to make the site of the bite itch a little bit, or make your arm swell up like a balloon and put you in hospital....

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
edesign said:
I forgot to mist it for a week and a half, maybe two weeks. When I found it it was sitting on top of the substrate and not moving much.
Sounds like you may have killed it but it's not dead yet. They can hang on a long time after they're effectively dead.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
nope...not that I am aware of. It will bite the cricket if it gets too close but leaves it to die and I have to take it out the next day so it doesn't rot. I didn't think they could go that long without eating, it will drink water droplets off the side of the glass when I mist the tank though.

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Big bump here. Any update on this species? Do you still think it's just a variation of E. trigonopodus? I haven't seen any others that look like this, and it seems to get much bigger than the standard "blue ring leg". Definitely still looks like Ethmostigmus though, beautiful animal.

duente

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
oh crap...why did you bump this,now i have to get one of these beauties.......:wall: