Treating myself!

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Man i would of dropped her the second she put a limit on my tarantula intake.

Go nuts man buy everything!!!!!
+1

Not all girlfriends are overrated. You just need to find one who likes spiders (there seems to be a # of us around lol)

The only reason my collection is limited right now is due to finances, but as soon as I get some extra $, Im treating myself too. Got my eye on a goregous juvie B.smithi right now.
+1

I disagree. Id rather have a P Metallica than any woman.
Ah, but what if you find girlfriend who's a bigger T-freak than yourself?! :)

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ts came in today! I was getting worried because USPS wasn't updating their website. Ordered the 2 slings from Dave Grimm, he treated me well with freebies! Can't wait to get home to unpack and see how they fared. I'll try to get pics as well.

On the other front, I got the "my schedule is just too busy right now." Sigh, back to the drawing board. Women drive me nuts :(:8o

TarantulaFanBoy

Arachnopeon
Ts came in today! I was getting worried because USPS wasn't updating their website. Ordered the 2 slings from Dave Grimm, he treated me well with freebies! Can't wait to get home to unpack and see how they fared. I'll try to get pics as well.

On the other front, I got the "my schedule is just too busy right now." Sigh, back to the drawing board. Women drive me nuts :(:8o
Glad your ts came in finally :) And yes Women drive us ALL nuts :p

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Unfortunately, in keeping with the trend that has been happening lately for me (things going wrong), all was not well. The GBB and G. pulchra were ok, thats the important thing. But also in the package were not one, but two freebies: an A. chalcodes and an A. new river rust rump! I really like chalcodes so I was pretty stoked. Unfortunately, both were DOA :(

The packaging was superb, these things happen. But again, the important thing is that the other two were ok. Here's some pics:

G. pulchra - missing a leg (not a big deal) but in great shape and active

GBB - wasn't real happy about being woken up

look at that cute stripey butt

Bittersweet day. Happy with new acquisitions but the losses suck, especially the girl :(

Jilly1337

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You new little guys are great. Sorry about the DOA's. It's always sad to see a dead little sling. My GBB is about the same size. Love it!!

On the romance tip....I always look at things like that as dodging a bullet. Better to find out it's not gonna work early on. The right person will come along, but never when you expect it. I bet she will either be into T's or at least respect your interest in them. Why waste time with someone who doesn't get you. This was just a practice date to get your feet wet, lol.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Oh man.. mixed feelings :( Congrats that the two main ones are okay.. but sorry about the loss of the other two..

And women suck! Hell, so do men.

People suck!

lol

aracnophiliac

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
HA HA this is a very funny comment when I think of all of us females here that have very large collections...And most of us who do collect OUR men wouldnt have what they have unless we were the initiaters with the Ts....After My first Rosie..I went bezzerk and need as many as I could get my hands on ....James was a little wery about me getting so many but since then I belive he has caught the addiction just as much as I have....So I say to you Sir....:p

Screw girlfriends, man i would of dropped her the second she put a limit on my tarantula intake. Girlfriends are overrated anyways.

Tarantulas > Girlfriends

Go nuts man buy everything!!!!!

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
HA HA this is a very funny comment when I think of all of us females here that have very large collections...And most of us who do collect OUR men wouldnt have what they have unless we were the initiaters with the Ts....After My first Rosie..I went bezzerk and need as many as I could get my hands on ....James was a little wery about me getting so many but since then I belive he has caught the addiction just as much as I have....So I say to you Sir....:p
Psssh, I wish I could find a man thats ok with my spiders. :p I had a guy tell me he wouldn't date me because I had a spider, and thats back when I only had ONE.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Keep searching Ariel... they are out there!

Somewhere...

Atleast, I was told so anyways... :?

{D

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Treating myself...again!

Well, its almost my birthday and I couldn't help myself :D

My last shipment, which brought me 2 G. pulchras, a GBB, A. chalcodes, & A. sp. New River rust rump, hadn't even settled into their new homes when I put in another order!

Coming soon are slings of:
Brachypelma auratum
Phlogius sp. sarina
Phlogius sp. Aussie goliath
Avicularia versicolor
Pterinochilus murinus

:D:D:D:D:D

So it looks like my collection of 2 Ts is in the span of a month going to become 12! These things are so freakin' addictive! And I'm still holding out for female C. schioedtei and P. cambridgei/irminia...

ps - I'm pretty much cursing myself to a woman-less life, aren't I :rolleyes:

Oh and second ps - GBB slings are bad mamma-jammas! That little tiny thing is a cricket wrecker!

Last edited: