Transport my "up the duff" imperial.

Deadtomygirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i am about to move house, and i need to transport my "up the duff" imperial, she has about 20 scorplings on her back, i cant move her in the viv as its huge, and its going pin the back of a van, and i dont like that idea, so i have already got a smaller plastic viv to transport her in, whats the best way to get her in it? as i am not going to pick her up like normal, "from the tail" so any ideas will be good.

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm sorry, but if these are still 1st instar there is no way this will work.

if they are second instar you could just remove the babies from her and stick them in thier own container.

Deadtomygirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm sorry, but if these are still 1st instar there is no way this will work.

if they are second instar you could just remove the babies from her and stick them in thier own container.

yeah there still there first instar :( so that just means i am going to have to move them in the viv i have them in already?

T.ass-mephisto

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah there still there first instar :( so that just means i am going to have to move them in the viv i have them in already?
unfortunately i don't see it ending well for you. the moving will prob stress the mother out and cause her to eat the brood

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What about removing all hides and placing a container in the viv. She might walk into it on her own if it's the only option and then you can very carefully transport her in that. I guess it would help if the container was completely dark...I dunno, just throwin out an idea.

Deadtomygirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What about removing all hides and placing a container in the viv. She might walk into it on her own if it's the only option and then you can very carefully transport her in that. I guess it would help if the container was completely dark...I dunno, just throwin out an idea.
thats a bloody good idea :) i will get a big enough plastic container and cover it with duck tape :) thanks for the idea, i have to admit i am feeling worried about it, but i have to do it :( what would happen if i just moved the whole tank, would that stress her out alot?

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think any movement is going to stress her out. I would think it would be harder to keep a large viv steady than a smaller container. You might have some casualties either way.

T.ass-mephisto

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thats a bloody good idea :) i will get a big enough plastic container and cover it with duck tape :) thanks for the idea, i have to admit i am feeling worried about it, but i have to do it :( what would happen if i just moved the whole tank, would that stress her out alot?
make sure the are air holes.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ime, disturbing emps and some other species with babies(always exceptions, esp. B. gigas from what I've read) doesn't always end up with the female eating the babies. To understand more, I have picked up and handled flatrock females and emps with babies on their back and I still have those babies. I have fed roaches to flatrocks and emp females with babies on their back with no problems too as well as with P. transvaalicus. Something tells me that temp and humidity are what's important along with no other overwhelming factors like too many other scorpions in the area. Might as well eat the baby scorpions if there are so many of the species around.