trachycormocephalus sp.

Kayv

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
does anyone know about this species? i cant find caresheets on them. im thining about getting one for my first centipede. they look pretty cool with their color. also is neon blue their most common common name? thnx

pediepablo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That is a very nice looking pede. I thought about getting one as my first, but I decided to go with the larger subspinipes. I wasn't able to find much info on them. i just saw somewhere that they need a lot of moisture and can desicate easily.

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,

I keep several of them. Very cool species! Very interesting and nice colors!

Peace,

Paul

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
@Paul

I keep several of them. Very cool species! Very interesting and nice colors!
do you got some personal pictures of them?,...
i find them amazing pedes,... what size do they get ?
and did you had any breeding succes with them ?

greetz

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Steven,

I'm not sure if I've photographed them or not. I'm pretty busy right about this time, but I do need to get pictures taken for a couple of very patient people, so when I get around to that, I'll take some pics of the Trachys, if I can catch them out! I have some in a breeding bin but they stay hidden all the time. I'm thinking of removing them, though as I don't care for the heighth of the container (not high enough) and want to make sure any resulting babies don't climb the sides and get out. They're very good at escaping! The ones I have are around a few inches plus. They are skinnier than S. morsitans and S. cingulata, but I'm guessing they get longer, and are very pretty. Had one bite me before as well. Only centi I've been bit by. Wasn't bad. Felt like a hot pin driving into my thumb every few to 15 seconds for around an hour. Also gave me a bit of a temperature and gave me a woozy, relaxed feeling toward the end of the symptoms. Some very slight muscle spams in the arms. Didn't last long, though. Hour or so for all symptoms. She didn't give me a full fledged bite. She was tasting my thumb, hungry pede! :D I should have fed her first!

Best wishes,

Paul

Kayv

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ya id really like it if when u have time you can post some info about them since u own quite a few. thanks