Too moist for Emp??

Mega

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Emp stop eatting for 10+ days
temp is 74-80F
It's quite slim, i don't think a molt is coming
It always come out at 12am and walk around, even I've switch my white light(for me) with the red light on. He's quite active.

The poblem is I have a hygrometer with pointer on it.
And it goes above 100%:?
Is it too high that he doesn't like it?

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that does seem high, remember you dont have to soak the enclosure..as long as the dens have nice humidity and you mist the enclosure 2x's a week, you should be fine

GanjaTaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
In it's natural rain forest habitat it could easily be 100% humidity most of the time so unless it's tank is water logged I can't see it being an issue.

Emps like and need high humidity to thrive.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if your hygrometer is the analog type there is always theissue of it being wrong.

As for your scorp not eating.... They tend to fast every so often. My male { imp fasted for 3 months. As long as it's active, i doubt there is much to worry about.

Arachno Kid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I dont think anything could be to moist for a emp unless its in a couple inches of water XD about the eating scorps fast alot o_O

Mega

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Emp fast alot??
I really don'y know about this. I think mine eat a lot, before it stops eatting. I feed it 5 times a week.(May be a little over feeding:razz: )
So, quuite amazing about its fasting.

marcelo_987

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
WOW! How do you get to 100% humidity? the only way I would be able to do that is pour a gallon of water in tank and complete seal the top with a plastic.

GanjaTaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have 3 Exo Terra Vivariums, it's pretty easy with the right substrate and heating really.

Mega

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
WOW! How do you get to 100% humidity? the only way I would be able to do that is pour a gallon of water in tank and complete seal the top with a plastic.
No, it's not only100%
It's over 100%.....lol

I do pour 1/5 of a cup and i cover the lid and leave a 1"grip
Finally, the next time i check for the humdity, it's over 100%...
I just know that because i put the hygrometer in the tank that day before.
Usually i put the hygrometer outside