Too early to sex?

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So my second GBB molted today, and is probably 2.5" or so? This is the best image I could ger, but I don't know if it is too early to sex or not? Any GBB experts PLEASE tell me what you think!

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Looks like you might have a female there, however, the way the molt is it is hard to tell for sure, at least for me. Im sure someone will come through, at the size they can be sexed.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hard to see on that angle...
u got another pic?
but i see what can make u think it's a female...
but it should be more pronounced...
so im going with a male...

cdb728

Arachnopeon
Is it okay if I also post some pics in this thread of my t, cause I also got the same question?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
It might be just a wrinkle.
Get it pliable, and stretch it out more in that area, then you can see if that is just a wrinkle or a flap.
Though, I think I can make out the spermathecae shape, facing downward there...

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It would be awesome if someone with a confirmed female sling would post a ventral shot on this thread for comparison. How much would two male gbb slings be worth if they are really both males?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
It would be awesome if someone with a confirmed female sling would post a ventral shot on this thread for comparison. How much would two male gbb slings be worth if they are really both males?
Well, here's a thread that might be helpful. It has a couple of ventral shots of GBB slings. Although they are not confirmed via molt, I'm fairly confident the top is male and the bottom is female. At the very least, a clear difference can be seen. Which one does yours resemble?

Well normally I'd suggest loaning them out when the time comes. But with these species, given their rep of eating the males, I'd either sell them outright or loan them out to someone with some success with the species only. As for price, I have no idea, sorry. :)