Tokay Gecko help

basin79

ArachnoGod
I just wish I could have saved him. I'm getting a sick tattoo in memorial of him though as soon as I can find a good artist in my budget. He taught me so much in the short amount of time that I had him. I'm glad I could at least make his transition to the other side easier.. I just hate that it even had to come to this. I really thought he was going to be able to make it.

I've decided that tomorrow is going to be when I put him in the ground. I'm going to find a nice spot near the river which is also elevated so he doesn't end up accidentally coming back to the surface. Hopefully with the next repticon, if it feels right, I'll be able to find another tokay that is much healthier.
Try and find a CB baby. That way you at least know it hasn't already had a awful time of it.

basin79

ArachnoGod
What would be good signs to look out for? What would prove he/she is healthy and good to go?
Obviously free from any injuries would be the best start. Physically looking healthy. They'll not likely be alert being sold but you should still be able to tell if any aren't at least physically hurt.

In an ideal world you'll hopefully find some CB babies for sale off a private breeder.

PeterPann

Arachnopeon
Obviously free from any injuries would be the best start. Physically looking healthy. They'll not likely be alert being sold but you should still be able to tell if any aren't at least physically hurt.

In an ideal world you'll hopefully find some CB babies for sale off a private breeder.
Do you think there would be any at a reptile expo like repticon or would I be better off finding an online vendor?

basin79

ArachnoGod
Do you think there would be any at a reptile expo like repticon or would I be better off finding an online vendor?
To be honest I don't know. Certainly wouldn't hurt to start looking at reptile classified ads though.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Any Tokays you find at an expo are most likely going ti be wild caught. If you are on Facebook, join the Tokay keepers group to find a breeder. If not, just rry Googling.

PeterPann

Arachnopeon
Any Tokays you find at an expo are most likely going ti be wild caught. If you are on Facebook, join the Tokay keepers group to find a breeder. If not, just rry Googling.
I found someone local to my area after doing some hunting!

I'll likely be getting him/her during the first week of april along with a 2in b. vagans <3

PeterPann

Arachnopeon
Try and find a CB baby. That way you at least know it hasn't already had a awful time of it.
I found a cb baby! I'm being forced to wait until the first week of April, per my friend who's concerned I'm trying to fill a void after my little buddy, but honestly I've gotten more excited than anything. I did get him tattoed though in memory of the lessons he taught me in the short time I had him. Here's his resting place and the tattoo<3 20190325_200637.jpg IMG_20190322_030242_449.jpg

basin79

ArachnoGod
I found a cb baby! I'm being forced to wait until the first week of April, per my friend who's concerned I'm trying to fill a void after my little buddy, but honestly I've gotten more excited than anything. I did get him tattoed though in memory of the lessons he taught me in the short time I had him. Here's his resting place and the tattoo<3 View attachment 303766 View attachment 303767
There's absolutely nothing wrong with "filling a void" so long as it's being done right.

PeterPann

Arachnopeon
There's absolutely nothing wrong with "filling a void" so long as it's being done right.
Yeahhhh but in her defense, I did spend like $100 on plants and pots for said plants the following weekend. It's fine though. I just look like I live in a mini jungle now lol

Rest in piece little buddy. Hope that this one’ll do better!
I hope so too... I've been keeping up with the breeder and she seems to have a good reputation. This will hopefully be a much better story to include y'all on<3