Today in the Spider Room?

8 legged

Arachnoprince
It's getting warmer, the 8-legged friends are getting more active!

Tliltocatl albopilosum female / juvenile
DSCN5387.JPG DSCN5227.jpg

Theraphosa blondi, juvenile female
DSCN5405.JPG DSCN5411.JPG
Heteropoda boiei / Viridasius sp. sylvestris
DSCN5400.JPG DSCN5377.JPG

Cupiennius salei, adult female / Dolomedes okefinokensis, juvenile after molt
DSCN5383.JPG DSCN5396.JPG

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
It's getting warmer, the 8-legged friends are getting more active!

Tliltocatl albopilosum female / juvenile
View attachment 417548 View attachment 417550

Theraphosa blondi, juvenile female
View attachment 417549 View attachment 417551
Heteropoda boiei / Viridasius sp. sylvestris
View attachment 417552 View attachment 417553

Cupiennius salei, adult female / Dolomedes okefinokensis, juvenile after molt
View attachment 417554 View attachment 417555
They're all gorgeous....but the true spiders are absolutely stunning, especially the markings on the Cupiennius female. Those colors are amazing. It makes me want to get one.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Hapolopus sp colombia (big) adult female / Brachypelma harmorii juvenile
DSCN5432.JPG DSCN5431.JPG

young Typhochlaena seladonia female / Nhandu chromatus juvenile (male, I think...)
DSCN5457.JPG DSCN5425.JPG

Cupiennius salei female / Dolomedes triton male
DSCN5436.JPG DSCN5449.JPG

Lycosa hispanica sling ~ juvenile / Dolomedes okefinokensis juvenile
DSCN5455.JPG DSCN5452.JPG

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Fed a few of the Ts last night. My GBB would not touch the mealworm, which is very unlike her. I'm starting to suspect she didn't moult her sucking stomach but I never got a chance to see the moult from last time. We'll see what happens. My A. anax faked me out and acted disinterested in food only to go after it like a madman a few moments later. B. boehmei kicked hairs like a demon, B. hamorii kicked hairs like a demon, what's new there. Not a bad feeding session really but I wish I knew for sure what was up with my GBB. :meh:

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Well....I know that Jasmine (P. ornata) is officially settling in nicely to her new enclosure. How do I know this? She dumped some of the decorations in the water dish, then pooped in it. At least she knows where the toilet is.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Got 9 new Tapi's today. First time keeping the genus, but so far the legends are true. These things are fast (and it doesn't help the box temped in the mid 80's when opened lol). Spent 15 minutes searching for a 3/4" T. sanctivincenti that did a runner up and out of the safety tote when I blinked lol.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Got 9 new Tapi's today. First time keeping the genus, but so far the legends are true. These things are fast (and it doesn't help the box temped in the mid 80's when opened lol). Spent 15 minutes searching for a 3/4" T. sanctivincenti that did a runner up and out of the safety tote when I blinked lol.
Nice. They're neat spiders. And they grow FAST!

TweedMcQueen

Arachnopeon
A few days ago I modified my avic avic enclosure to try and encourage webbing away from the roof. She had not webbed at all in my care previously. Yesterday I saw my modifications worked and she started webbing pretty much exactly where I had hoped. Also learned that my OBT sling stealth molted at some point in the last couple days as it was out sporting some fancy new orange. So that was nice even if it didn't have the common decency to molt where I could see like my t. vagans. that vagans molts with confidence, like "Yeah i'm molting right here in the middle of my enclosure, what are you going to do about it puny human?"

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
0.0.1 Chilobrachys sp. "Kaeng Krachan" first meal after the molt :)

IMG_20220512_143431.jpg
almost black, really hoping this one will turn out female, the previous colour was the typical brown of small Chilobrachys sp. spiderlings.

I acctually intended for this to be a temporary enclosure while it was in premolt, but it created such an elaborate web and showed no signs of wanting to dig, despite having the possibility.

It allows for great monitoring and visual inspection so i decided to keep it in here for another molt. It is more than large enought for that. The more spacious enclosure will have to stay empthy for now :).

Last edited:

8 legged

Arachnoprince
0.0.1 Chilobrachys sp. "Kaeng Krachan" first meal after the molt :)

View attachment 418082
almost black, really hoping this one will turn out female, the previous colour was the typical brown of small Chilobrachys sp. spiderlings.

I acctually intended for this to be a temporary enclosure while it was in premolt, but it created such an elaborate web and showed no signs of wanting to dig, despite having the possibility.

It allows for great monitoring and visual inspection so i decided to keep it in here for another molt. It is more than large enought for that. The more spacious enclosure will have to stay empthy for now :).
MOM!

ByMennen

Arachnosquire
Benn watching Avic Avic for weeks waiting for it to molt. Been adding more and more to his web tunnel, completely sealed off as of yesterday.
Watched him add more web this morning, then saw him delicately crawl upside down. Hoping today is the day!
IMG_20220514_105717730.jpg

ButterMan

Arachnosquire
I gave my cyriocosmus elegans sling 5 pinheads bc it could not find 2, but I left for one second and they were all taken lol. Also my phormic sp Dominican purple molted

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Everything is growing and there will be a lot of rehouses in my near future. Just rehoused 5 Avicularia sp (0.0.3 A. avicularia M2 aka A. braunshauseni and 0.0.2 A. variegata) from their 5.5oz delis to 0.5g mainstays. Probably the easiest rehouses I've had in recent memory.
20220519_201335.jpg

I still have 0.0.1 A. variegata to rehouse as well, but it's heavy premolt. Hoping tomorrow I can also get 0.0.3 Citharognathus hosei rehoused into 1g mainstays as they've outgrown their 0.5g. Going to have to dig them up and that's always a chore with Asians. I also have a young adult 0.1 Phormingochilus sp Akcaya who will be going into her final enclosure (5g Sterilite) as she's definently outgrown her 1g mainstay. Finally, I imagine I'll be rehousing 0.0.4 Poecilotheria fasciata and a 0.0.1 Psalmopoeus pulcher in the next week or two as they're all heavy premolt and will definetly be outgrowing their 0.5g mainstays this molt. I'm going to need to pickup more mainstays :shifty: ......

So glad I finally got a second shelf in place lol.
20220519_202630.jpg
Looks like I'll need a third before too long lol.

Shinn

Arachnosquire
Rare glimpse of my H. pulchripes sling. Boltiest spider in my spider room. Immediately hid right after the photo was taken. 20220521_122635.jpg

Chris73G

Arachnopeon
Rehoused my adult geniculata yesterday.
This is my third tarantula and after two very chilled to shy tarantulas i wanted one with a bit more temperament so i bought the genic a few weeks ago. However, back then she was already in premolt and was quite chilled when putting her in her enclosure. Which was....my mistake, to small for her. So i bought a bigger one, but she already molted in her old enclosure during delivery of the new one so i gave her some time to harden up and relax before rehousing her. Which i did yesterday evening and that was quite a different experience. My albopilosum and my vagans are like "you want me to move with that paint brush? Okay, just show me where i should go and i´ll go, no problem", the genic really was stubborn, thread posing, slapping the paintbrush, standing her ground, throwing hairs, but with time and letting her calm down again i eventually managed to point her in the right direction into her new enclosure.

Interestingly, she never used the hide in the old enclosure, not even for molting. In hindsight, it was a bit tall and not very wide but i thought "people always say, genics often don´t use their hides anyway, so its alright". When setting up the new enclosure i made sure to get a wider, flatter cork hide this time and this morning she was already using it and seems to like it:

Last edited:

Metallattorney

Arachnopeon
Bad day today. The tarantula my wife got me for my birthday last month died. Impaction most likely given the swollen abdomen and sluggishness and a distinct lack of fecal matter in the enclosure. It was a female Harpactira sp. Kuruman, which I've determined is most likely the same as the Harpactira sp. Goldenblack. I do have a sling of the species.